We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
belleair, florida
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Ile St. Louis Restaurants

I will be staying for 2 weeks on Ile St. Louis. I will be roaming town and eating in many different place but am looking for suggestions of where to eat on Ile St. Louis when I don't want to go far. I love to eat in the little restaurant on the main street with little chairs on the wall (sorry but I can't remember the name). I am by myself so not looking for romantic. Medium price with good food.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,498 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

I don't remember chairs on the wall here but I do remember the tart a l'onion ---> http://www.labrasserie-isl.fr/

Pjk

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

On the Isle, I like Cafe St Regis. 7E for a typical French breakfast. Love their Caesar Salad and a very decent house Rose. Friendly waiters.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

The above are 2 places that I like also. I've been going to the Brasserie de l'Isle St-Louis for 30+ years and love their tarte a l'oignon and their cassoulet. When I was there last year, on a warm day, I had the most delicious beer -- Mutzig (on tap). I don't drink beer that often, but this beer I still remember!

I've only been to the Cafe St. Regis twice but what stands out for me is not the food so much but the very friendly waiters. They're busy running around like waiters all over Parisare, but they always have a smile and something amusing to say. You will feel very welcome in either place.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

Second for Cafe St Regis - though it has changed through the years, I have been coming here since 1986, and my favorite waiter is still here, too...

If you want some hearty, non-touristy "Lyonnais"- style food, walk just a short distance off the Island, to Le Moissonnier, 28,rue des Fosses St Bernard:

www.moissonnier.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

Seems to me I ate breakfast at the St. Regis once a couple of years ago, and I remember the friendly waiters too.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

The restaurant with the miniature furniture on the walls is Auberge de la Reine Blanche.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

With a stay of two weeks, best bet is to take a walk around, peruse the posted menus, peek inside, pay attention to diners and aromas.

When we last visited the place with the doll house furniture displayed all over, the food was truly disappointing.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

I like Mon Vieil Ami and Sorza.

Amorino's gelato is a must for dessert!

Edited: 03 February 2014, 06:04
Toowoomba Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

Kathy, there is a lovely little restaurant, just north of the Ile. it is an easy and safe walk.

Le Temp des Cerises, is a sidewalk bistro, 31 Rue de la Cerisaie.

Cross Pont Sully, stay on the left hand side, past a small park, turn left, cross the road, and take the street on your right : Rue du Petit Music. The café is 2 blocks down on the right hand corner.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ile St. Louis Restaurants

Tastevin. Family owned and run. Old rustic building and authentic food. Try the tarte au pommes