We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel pricing/booking question...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7,611 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel pricing/booking question...

So many well traveled people on this forum...am I not seeing this price quote right. Price listed on website for 2 people in a small suite type room listing one double bed///one single bed plus other areas. 280 Euro....I say yes go ahead and book and I get the confirmation back with price of 320Euro. When I asked why it is more than price listed for 2 people on web they replied " it is for the extra bed". To me a price quote for the room should include use of what is in the room for 2 people...if I add a third person that needs an additional bed (rollaway) brought in of course the extra 50 Euro would apply but in this case we are using existing bedding and have only 2 persons. Am I being cheap or not seeing this correctly? Bear in mind they have other smaller rooms with lower prices...I am picking a room with extra room and it is more expensive. It does not make sense to me but maybe I'm not seeing it correctly. We frequently make use of extra bedding or sofabed and only would be charged if it is third person in room. Any comments would maybe help me understand this. Thanks.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,963 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel pricing/booking question...

Your inquiry is quite confusing.

Are you getting a rate after entering your dates and number of people?

Don't understand your confusion about the beds.

However, I've noticed quite a few hotels using the same booking engine (third party) with calendars displaying nightly rates. When you click to book and enter two people, the price goes up considerably.

Or, sometimes, you are looking at "as low as" rates before continuing with the booking.

Level Contributor
7,611 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel pricing/booking question...

Yes...sorry it is probably confusing. I am on the hotel web site put in 2 people for room as described above with two beds and now being told extra charge for bed which is included in room description...this is coming via email from hotel. At this point I am going a different direction anyway for hotel choice but thought this odd. If you book a more expensive room and have only 2 people seems like posted rates should apply. anyway thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,591 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel pricing/booking question...

It sounds like you are trying to book a triple room and the hotel is charging you the their rate for that room.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel pricing/booking question...

It could be for under-occupancy.

Even when you enter 2 people in your search, the results will often come up with all available rooms, regardless of the number of people, so they then charge you extra for the empty bed.

I get this all the time when I look for single rooms - often I get, what I think are good deals, until I click on the details for the room and then there is the extra charge for under occupancy. Extremely annoying.

5. Re: Hotel pricing/booking question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:18