We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for 3 people

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for 3 people

My 2 friends and I are looking to stay in the 1st arrondisement in May 2015. It is not to soon to look, and I was wondering if you could recommend hotels or apartments. I am looking for the price to be between $250-$350/night.

Thank you

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for 3 people

Is there a particular reason for the 1ère arrondissement? It's primarily a business district and not a place I'd ever want to lay my head in beautiful Paris. But perhaps you have good reason. Anyway, at that price point (and you really should be thinking in euros now, not dollars), it shouldn't be hard to locate a suitable hotel anywhere in Paris.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for 3 people

It is too early to book a hotel for May 2015.

I wouldn't recommend an apartment if it's your first time in Paris, especially if none of you speak and read French. You need the kind of help a front desk staff can provide: answering questions, making recommendations and helping you get oriented to how to use the metro, etc.

I totally agree with St Cirq about the 1st arr. Definitely not my first choice for a hotel in Paris. I wouldn't turn it down if it were free, but it's expensive and very commercial.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for 3 people

Agreed. We stayed in the 1st last summer on points so it was free. We really enjoyed it (Westin Vendome across from Tuileries Gardens). The location was good but it wasn't ripe with cafes, etc. This trip we're staying in the 5th/6th (kind of on the border).

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for 3 people

too early to book, wait till next winter, or autumn at least

if you are near the river then you'll be near the 5th and 6th and location is very central to many famous sights, areas of interest and convenient transport

at current exchange rates, your budget is around 180-250€/night for a triple ..you could also get a double and a single ..then you would have 2 bathrooms and more choice of hotels (many do not have triples)

Hotel de la Place du Louvre is very well situated in the 1st, have a look:

www.paris-hotel-place-du-louvre.com/en/rooms/

reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d248395…

and StCirq, it is 1er arrondissement ..not "1ère"

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for 3 people

While it may be too early to book, it's not too early to shop.

Most triple rooms have one double and one twin bed. If you would prefer three twins, you'd have to search diligently. Two hotels I know of that have one or more rooms with three twins are Hotel de la Bourdonnais and Best Western Hotel Sydney Opera. And, Hotel des Bains has a nice 2-bedroom.

Same goes for apartments. Twin beds are not all that common.

You may have to choose between staying in the 1st and having more comfortable accommodations.

With internet access ahead of and during during your visit, the assistance of a front desk staff is really not necessary. Those who prefer apartments for the extra space, kitchen, dining table/chairs, seating other than beds, find all that far more than offsets having no front desk assistance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for 3 people

We are 3 adults currently staying at Hotel Georgette (3arr) 1st day here-it is doable but tight...u do bump into one another, but in Paris that is expected. Hotel is clean, modern and new but service is a hit and miss.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for 3 people

Best Western Hotel Sydney Opera on rue Mathurins has triples. Behind the Madeleine off rue Tronchet, and a couple blocks before Haussman.

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for 3 people

I would also be interested in which area you would recommend and which hotel/apartment. I am not adverse to other options. Like the Marais area

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for 3 people

where would you recommend? I am open to suggestions. I have been to Paris before and do welcome recommendations from the hotel staff, but would consider other options

Chicago
Level Contributor
55 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for 3 people

what hotel are you looking at. I picked the 1st since it is in the middle of everything, Thanks for responding