We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Seanbee

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Where is Seanbee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 17:35
San Diego...
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where is Seanbee

Well said Joan.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where is Seanbee

OK, I have been on the receiving end of attacks of posters on the Venice forum and was banned, why? I don't know. It was personal and to this day I think one of the posters still hounds me for some reason but I don't respond.

I complained to TA and it was revealed that I was in the right and my account was reinstated. I will Never, ever go on the Venice forum again, you think that Paris is bad, there are some real doozies over there.

I will also miss Seanbee and think that if he wanted to he could plead his case but perhaps he doesn't want the aggravation.

Farewell dear Sean and good luck..

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where is Seanbee

If Seanbee is interested in participating on TA, he is smart and sophisticated enough to find a way to return.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where is Seanbee

I miss him, too. He was contentious sometimes, but so am I!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where is Seanbee

Thanks Joan for the update and also for your original post checking on Seanbee's whereabouts - IMO that's what a community should be about...

What a shame he was banned.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Where is Seanbee

Just to add a different perspective, it seemed to me that it was Seanbee who had a personal vendetta -- in particular against Kerouac2 and Metromole.

That is not at all to say that I thought Seanbee's other comments were without value, but just that I could never understand why he seemed so very often to go out of his way to say negative things about those two, especially Kerouac2. Even when they were couched as jokes, the jokes had a definite sting.

Hope that this post will not get deleted; I'm not trying to slam anybody, just to give a personal impression.

Sandy

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where is Seanbee

Perhaps an object lesson on keeping posts subject rather than personal oriented.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,023 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where is Seanbee

It is true that seabee had a "thing" about other good regulars here.

IMO that obsession did NOT have a place.

IMO his general advice, when good, was very good.

TA is for helping.

I struggle with that, at times and do not suffer fools gladly, but no vendettas...

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Where is Seanbee

Yes, it is important not to do what we're now doing - which is discussing the forums and other posters. But, I always thought the jousting was in good humor. Of course, some posts are deleted so quickly (I always wonder who those early posters are...who got deleted before I saw them, as you all know, I'm here at pretty regular intervals)...so I don't know if a particular TA line was crossed.

I do miss Seanbee, he was a part of what this forum had become, and very amusing. It's true there was occasional acrimony (but isn't that true on most busy forums)? Seanbee was especially good on advice about Montmartre (to bring this back to a travel topic).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,051 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Where is Seanbee

Wasn't Rue des Martyrs " his " street in Paris?