We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Kennels nr Paris

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day Kennels nr Paris

Hi, We're coming to France for the summer and would like to visit Paris for a couple of days. We're hoping to visit the sights but we'll have our 2 dogs with us. Does anyone know of any day kennels in the area where they would be cared for during the day but we'd collect them in evening. We don't have anywhere booked yet so are very flexible as to which campsite we use. Anywhere within reasonable distance is fine as hoping to leave the car and travel in by train.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks, Anne, Poppy and Daisy

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
494 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,172 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.70*
1. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 03:35
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,428 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

Just because one likes to travel without there pets, doesn't mean its wrong for everyone! A lot of times in this forum people assume there is a right or wrong way to travel, which is really too bad.

Here is a link to a bunch of kennels just outside Paris that you can contact.

chenil du jour pour chien paris

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

Oprah44. Thanks for your opinion but I take them to France every year. They love the sea and the rivers as they are so shallow. France is a very dog friendly country. We travel through the Channel Tunnel which takes 35 minutes and as we are away for the whole summer, it would be traumatic for them to be left without me. Maybe you should get your facts correct before you start mouthing off with your odd views.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

I don't know of any kennels but here are some host family services recommended by the City of Paris's official website. This one has an English version:

http://www.animado.com/uk/famille.html

These are in French only:

http://www.amimalin.com/

http://www.animal-keeping.fr/

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

For day kennels I googled "Pension pour chien Ile de France":

https://www.google.fr/#q=pension+pour+chien+ile+de+france

Depending on where you will be staying you may want to fine tune your search with a specific département around Paris but the word for day kennel is "pension pour chiens".

Otherwise if you have a few campsites in mind you can contact the nearest vets in town and they will be able to direct you to pet day care services. Sometimes vet practices offer this service themselves.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 13:56
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

Another word for online searches is "pension canine".

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

Thank you so much for your help. I've never left them in kennels before so I'm quite nervous about it. I hadn't thought of going through vets. It's a brilliant idea. I'll also have a look at the other services you mentioned. My grandson desperately wants to visit the Air Museum at Le Bourget and we also want to go into Paris for one day. Hopefully we'll be able to get something reasonably close to a campsite and also close to a railway station.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,783 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

Then you would probably want a campsite north of Paris along the suburban train line from Gare du Nord. Check the towns along that line from Enghien-les-Bains to Mériel or possibly the other branch of that line going towards Persan Beaumont.

Click on Gare du Nord and it's the light blue double line going north: www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,378 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

As a dog owner myself, I would be nervous about doing this too. I would definitely go down the vet route to find day care and as there are two of them I would expect them to be fine.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Kennels nr Paris

I think it's an excellent idea to get day care for them, a million times better than leaving them on their own whilst you're out. One of the many things I love about France/Paris is their attitude to dogs. I love seeing them when I'm out and about, and always smile when I see them sitting quietly under tables in restaurants. I wish Ireland were more dog friendly...