We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Hello - will be in Paris for the first time in May. Which Holiday Inn is better in terms of location and quality of hotel? We want to see all the typical attractions and want to be close to things to do (traveling with husband and his 3 siblings - mid-late twenties age and my in-laws) Is the Notre Dame location far from the Saint Germain area? I originally wanted to try to stay in Saint Germain, but HI Notre Dame has better reviews and looks closer to the Seine etc? Would appreciate any guidance! Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,461 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

If you put the hotel's address into Google Maps, you will see it is less than a block from Bvd St-Germain.

The sights are spread out all over Paris, so there is nowhere that is convenient for all of them. This does not matter, as Paris has excellent public transport.

United States
Level Contributor
492 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Do you know which restaurants you want to try? I'd say stay in the place where you're more likely to want to eat breakfast. My first cafe to eat at in Paris just happened to be right across from Notre Dame. The food wasn't the best ever and it seemed like an extra touristy area in general.

But I would put these locations into a map application as suggested so you can see how close they are.

I'm watching this thread with interest as I have some free nights I could use there! However, I loved renting an apartment and staying in more of a residential area instead of doing the hotel thing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

My teenage son and I stayed at the HI Notre Dame last summer. If you walk to the end of the street you're on Blvd St-Germain. The room was nice and the location was perfect! It's a few steps from the Metro, there's a small store next door to the hotel where you can buy drinks, snacks, etc. We were in walking distance of a lot of sights. We even walked from the Louvre one day. I would recommend it.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,610 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

The location of the HI is very good for a visit to Paris. You can walk right down to the river and be very close to Notre Dame and the louvre, and it's walkable to the Orsay, the Luxembourg gardens,the Tuelleries, etc. and there are enough nice, mid-priced restaurants within a short walk that you might never need to get out of the 6th, at least dinner-wise.

Pjk

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

<<Is the Notre Dame location far from the Saint Germain area?>>

The Holiday Inn Notre Dame is IN St Germain. If you look at their address their postal code is 75006. The last digit is 6. That's the 6th Arrondisement which is St Germain. It's a very good location.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Thank you everyone!! We booked the Holiday Inn Notre Dame! Looking forward to our trip!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Enjoy your visit!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Did you notice the rooftop terrace at HI Notre Dame? That should be awesome!

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

I'm staying at the HI Notre Dame in early October. The reviews continue to be positive though the room seems extra small. I can't wait to end my evening at the lovely roof top bar. The views look amazing.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Notre Dame vs Saint Germain?

Yes, the rooftop terrace looks amazing! Should be a nice view!