First my sincere Thanks to everyone helping my Paris trip also TA is an excellent reference. with all the details I am able to plan and book my flight tickets, hotel and eurostar to London.
We are 2 adults and 2 kids staying close to RER @ Nanterre, La Defense for 6n/7d my questions are...
1) What is the best public transport option to visit central Paris. Also what kind of tickets (carnet/Paris pass/Navigo etc. should I buy)
2) is the Nanterre RER station safe at night, we might return late night after watching Eiffel tower light show (~11 PM)
3) mostly we will visit within central Paris or surrounding area and 1 day to Versailles.
4) my return international flight from CDG is at 7.40 AM, I should leave hotel at least by 5 AM, what public transport options available? if not I will take taxi/shuttle. in such case what will be the fare?
5) I am traveling from US and like to bring USD for exchange will that be the option for currency exchange? I prefer to use creditcard/debit card only in worst case scenario, also we will exchange couple of 100 euro and pounds before departing.
Our trip is to explore Museum/palace/gardens and other places to understand Paris. We also planned to do 4d/5n London trip. Definitely I like to explore local culture and try to be like Parisian during our stay. only concern is my spouse is vegan.