We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

We're traveling to Paris in July for 3 nights. Our family consists of 2 adults and 2 children ages 11 and 15 and having a kitchenette would be very helpful to us. Can anyone suggest any hotels or apartments (From reliable sites) that has a kitchenette and would be in the price range of up to $250 per night total in a somewhat central or easily accessible location? I've found a couple of Citadines that might work such as the Citadines Trocadero and Citadines Tour Eiffel, but they're a bit pricey. Thank you in advance!

Also, is the homeaway site reliable? Found a couple of apartments on there, waiting for the owner's responses.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,818 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

HomeAway (VRBO) is a listing service for owners/agents. They are as reliable as the owner/agent. Search the Paris forum on the subject renting an apartment and you will find hundreds of answers. Renting an apartment is like a holiday rental - cancellation policy may vary. Booking a serviced apart hotel like Citadines or Adagio is like booking a hotel. Central serviced apart hotels tend to be on the expensive side. You may also try airbnb, but note that cancellation policies vary, so read carefully. Most will have a minimum rental of more than 3 days.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

For only three nights, you may have some reluctance on the part of some apartment owners to rent for only three nights during July, unless it's between two longer rentals. I hope you luck out, because I'm not sure you'll find one of the aparthotels within your budget.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,753 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

It's going to be difficult to to find a room or rooms for 4 people for only €188 per night. That's the price for a moderate room for 2. Even 2 rooms in a budget hotel will be more than that.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

Mama Shelter is a 3-star design hotel with doubles starting from 89€/night and there is a microwave, kettle and sink in each room

http://www.mamashelter.com/en/paris/

it is not true that 188 euros is "the price for a moderate room for 2" (post #3), a moderate double room is around 100€/night, but quadruple rooms often cost more than double that and are harder to find and normally do not have a kitchenette

Edited: 16 February 2014, 14:41
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,753 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

Inna, we must have different definitions of "moderate" then.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

OP can have a look at my reviews of Parisian hotels we've stayed at to see what I mean

F1 - and what is your definition, with examples, please

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

At Citadines, a quad-room is what they call an apartment (studios are for 2 people). Apartment are more expensive. Citadines Bastille is a bit cheaper than the Tour Eiffel one., but the Tour Eiffel is just by Rue du Commerce, has a Monoprix across the street and is also across the street from Métro LaMotte Piquet-Grenelle.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

In terms of apart-hotels, or serviced apartments, Citadines and Adagio are probably the 2 largest operators in central Paris (as far as i know). In theory, Citadines is a bit cheaper than Adagio. Both have a few locations each, and both are of a good standard in terms of customer service, cleanliness, and suchlike. I've used both 'brands' at a couple of locations in Paris, and was happy with them, but I haven't stayed in all their locations.

Prices-wise, I can't help you with specifics, but it also depends which one you want to stay at, prices vary between locations for the same brand of apart-hotel, as well as between brands.

Consider other locations apart from Trocadero and Eiffel Tower. For Citadines, Bastille and Republique are both decent locations, and might be a bit cheaper. For Adagio, Montmartre, Opera, and Bastille might be worth looking at.

9. Re: Hotels/Apartments with kitchenettes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17