We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

Melbourne
Level Contributor
139 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

I gather from other posts that it is easy to get a minivan from and to the airports but will our hotel be able to arrange a transfer by taxi for us from Marais to Latin Quarter? We have an apartment for a week but it wasn't available on the first night so thought we would spend that night in a different area. Alternatively we could stay close to apartment and walk ( however I am not very inspired by the hotels near to the apartment !

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

Sure they can. You could easily do it yourself by calling the G7 English speaking operator at 01 41 27 66 99. They'll ask how many people in the party, and will know the correct size taxi to send.

But why not tell us the street your apartment is on, and if it's a long street, give us the nearest corner, and maybe someone here will know a suitable hotel within walking distance.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
139 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

Thankyou HappyGoin that number will be very useful . The apartment is between metro stations Censier Daubenton and Place Monge. Hotel Saint Christophe is probably the best nearby options as some of the closest hotels get terrible reviews . We are traveling with our 21 and 19 year old children. I came across the Hotel Original which is I believe close to the Marais area . Thought this would be fun with the kids for their first night and is quite a reasonable price as we can have 4 in the room .

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

The Hotel Original is in a great location. I see no reason not to stay there and take a taxi to your apartment.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

Here's a second vote for Hotel Original - in addition, you can walk just one block to the Bastille Opera and catch your cab there, if you like.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
139 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

Thanks F1racegirl and pattyinparis . We have booked the Original !

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

If you do stay near the Bastille, your kids might enjoy the nightlife of the rue de la Roquette and the rue de Lappe, which is very close by. There are lots of young people and it's close enough that they could crawl back if they had to :)

7. Re: Taxi for 4 with luggage hotel transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18