We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

museum pass vs paris pass

2 posts
Save Topic
museum pass vs paris pass

Which is better--- not a real museum fan ---

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

If you are not interested in museums, avoid them both. The museum pass is contained as part of the Paris Pass, itself a very overpriced product.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,097 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

The Paris Pass is just a collection of existing tickets and passes (including the Paris Museum Pass) put into an envelope and sold for much more than you would pay for the individual components. It is never worthwhile.

The Paris Museum Pass is worthwhile if you intend to visit a number of the included museums, and only you can know what you intend to visit.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

Thank you -- Getting nervous about what we will do for 7 days. I think a couple of day trips and then some museum days. My wife has always wanted to go (back) and this is a total surprise to her -- have not told her yet ---

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

Museum Pass. And keep in mind that a large part of the value of it is that you can skip a lot of very long lines with it. Even if you won't break even on it based on entry fees, it's still well worth it IMHO for time and hassle saved. And it's also good for non-museum stuff (going up the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Towers, Saint Chapelle, etc)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

Make sure to note that the Eiffel Tower is not included in the museum pass. I agree that even though it might not be cost-effective, if you are only visiting a few places covered by the pass, the fast-entry is a definite plus.

You can purchase the museum pass at the airports and major train stations, so no need to purchase online and pay outrageous delivery fees.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

There is an awful lot to Paris besides museums. No one who isn't seriously interested in museums should feel compelled to visit them. I love museums, but I've spent plenty of trips to Paris without seeing a single one. It's probably been 10 years since I walked through the doors of the Louvre.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

Once you tell her, she will have plenty of ideas what to do. Very nice of you, just don't keep it secret too long.

Planning and waiting is part of fun too.

8. Re: museum pass vs paris pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:16