We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

I will travel with my daughter to Paris from London by Eurostar at the end of March for 3 nights in Paris and 3 nights near Disneyland, would like to stay at safe, convenient location for tourist, any suggestions for the above hotels, thanks a lot!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

We stayed at the Westin in 2011, and loved the location. You just cross the street and you are in the Tuileries Gardens, near the Louvre. It's walking distance to many major attractions, but even better, you can walk there in pretty surroundings of greeenery, parks, and majestic buildings (or along the river), rather than along streets and traffic. Our room was very nice, too, and fairly spacious - especially for Paris. Another big plus was being only a block or so from Angelina's - so tempting for fabulous croissants or pain au chocolat for breakfast, eclairs and other pastries for a snack (all quite reasonably-priced for take-out). We got breakfast there every morning.

My husband has stayed at the Meridien, and found the Westin a better location.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 01:39
los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

I totally agree that of the 3 possibilities, the Westin is the best choice as far as location. My second choice would be the Paris Opera, and i would think that the Etoile is just too far out of the center for such a short trip.

I was wondering if you are using points--and if Holiday Inn is part of your options. If so, there is a Holiday Inn on rue Danton that would be a super location. So if that's an option in your hotel points plan, I definitely would go for it above any of the others.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

Thank you both of your suggestions.

Mcal3k, you are right, I want to use the points to redeem for Holiday Inn or Wesin, however the other Holiday Inn you suggested, really in excellent location, but no more reward nights are available, that's come to HI Opera and Westin only....

There's a metro station just outside the hotel, what about Westin? How far is the nearest metro station? Are both area safe if just 2 female walk back to hotel at night? Thanks again!!!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

Westin is by far the best option. Its in a good safe area and there is a metro a few mins walk away (Tuileries) or 5 mins to Concorde or Opera stations. Meridien Etoile is right out in the corner of the city.

Its Westin all the way for me...

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

Thank you for your suggestion,Biz traveller 74, I really concern about the distance between the hotel we stay when we arrive by eurostar from London with luggages, if the metro is only few minutes walk, I would choose Westin over HI

Also the bedbugs photo from HI Opera reviews really scare us, thanks again for all your replies!

p.s. What will be best transportation from Paris to Disneyland?

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

If you arrive at CDG, you could decide to make Disney your first stop. You can get there by train from CDG. But if the city of Paris is first, you will then take the RER A to Disney:

parisbytrain.com/rer-train-paris-to-euro-dis…

There is also lots of info on the Tripadvisor Paris Disney forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-Di…

And of course don't forget that you can ask for help at the front desk of the hotel, so you will not be limited to your own "guessing."

I agree that the Westin will be a great choice for location. Have a wondeful time!

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

mcal3k, thank you so much for your quick response!

8. Re: Holiday Inn Paris Opera, Westin Paris or LeMeriden Etoile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:19