We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle

I'm trying to post to a Europe forum in particular, but can't seem to find one. My family and I (7 people) are going in Europe this April and I'm looking for an Airport Transfer company that have services in Paris, Barcelona and Venice, so I can just book all at ones. The only ones I've found so far are Fox Transfer and Europeshuttle.com. What I'm really looking for is punctual service and reasonable price. Also, if you can comment of the two companies I mentioned would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help...

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
April
April
218 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
665 Reviews
from US$69.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,230 Reviews
from US$115.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
634 Reviews
from US$48.60*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle

In Paris, airport shuttles have a reputation for unreliability. Just walk out of the airport terminal to the official taxi rank and take a taxi. It will cost around €50, which is probably cheaper than a shuttle.

There are no airport shuttles in Venice, as there is no land transport within the city.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,743 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle

What you are looking for does not exist. In Paris, the most cost effective and reliable transportation option is taxi. If for some reason you want to use a shuttle service, and there are a number of them, never pay in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle

Thank you sydneynick! Actually, we're going on a 12-day Med cruise but will stay in Paris for 3 nights then fly to Barcelona for 2 nights where we will embark. Though shuttles are a little expensive than taxi, I just want to make sure that someone will pick us up in the Hotel (Saint Maurice area in Paris) to take us to ORY early in the morning. So, there's no shuttle or taxi from the port of Venice to VCE?

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Med
Cafe Med
509 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Barcelona
Barcelona
Orly Field
Orly Field
Orly, France
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle

Thank you Sarastro! Is it easy to call a taxi when we leave to ORY from the Saint Maurice area? Sorry, this our first time in Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Orly Field
Orly Field
Orly, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle

<< I just want to make sure that someone will pick us up in the Hotel (Saint Maurice area in Paris) to take us to ORY early in the morning.>>

An especially good reason to use a taxi rather than other service.

The day before, ask the front desk to book a taxi for you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Orly Field
Orly Field
Orly, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle

Just call the G7 taxi company at 01 41 27 66 99 and the English speaking operator will send the appropriate vehicle(s) to your door. There will be a small amount of euros on the meter when it arrives, as the meter starts from wherever the taxi starts.

You might call the night before to arrange an early morning pick-up. If it's during the rush hour, there may be a €5 reservation fee. Taxis are generally about 5-10minutes early, so be ready.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle

You can take a land taxi from the Venice cruise area to Marco Polo airport, but there is no land transport in the actual city of Venice.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Marco Polo Airport
Marco Polo Airport
Venice, Italy
City of Venice
City of Venice
Province of Venice, Italy
Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle

Thank you so much, djbooks, HappyGoin and sydneynick! You guys are awesome... Taxi is the best route then and more economical too! Appreciate all your help!

California
Level Contributor
341 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttle

I recently did a trip from Barcelona and a taxi was a lot more reasonable then shuttles. There is also an airport bus in Barcelona that can be a great price if you are near one of the stops and don't have too much luggage. It is not a regular bus but a dictated airport bus. Check motherboard for more info.

For a shuttle service in Paris look at the Disney Paris boards as families often take this option and there seems to be two that they highly recommend. I will be using this option as I need car seats which are harder to come by in a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttle

Note that, in addition to the metered fare, there will be a 3,00 charge for each person after three, and a 1,00 charge for each bag after the first weighing more than 5 kg. Though these charges are clearly posted, in English in all taxis, many miss the sign and do not understand.