We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Rome by Train with stops in between

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern New Jersey
Level Contributor
161 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Rome by Train with stops in between

Me and my wife are planning a trip (flying into Paris) where we would take a train from Paris to Rome (where we would cruise out of Rome and end in Venice). We have flexible dates at hand as we were wondering the most efficient plans in order to make stops in Milan, Florence, and Tuscany before heading West to Toulouse to visit family. Should we stop in those places before our cruise out of Rome or should we hit them as we take the train back west from Venice to Toulouse? Please help TA!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
870 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Rome by Train with stops in between

Are you set on taking the train? I only ask because it would be a long train ride from Paris to anywhere in Italy. I would suggest looking into flying from Paris to Rome - there are many low cost airlines such as Easy Jet that fly there. Then once your cruise lands you in Venice you could take the train easily from there stopping in all the places you want - Venice to Florence/Tuscany then from Florence to Milan. From Milan you can take the train to Nice and head to Toulouse from there. Again, just a suggestion. Maybe someone else can advise on a train route from Paris to where you want to go.

2. Re: Paris to Rome by Train with stops in between

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 22:12
3. Re: Paris to Rome by Train with stops in between

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:18