We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with Loco2

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Problems with Loco2

Hi everyone!

I recently made reservations through Loco2 for the following:

1. London to Paris

2. Paris to Barcelona

3. Interlaken Ost to Munich

And I realised that although the email confirmation display correctly the names which I have inputted during purchase of the tickets but when I reviewed the etickets, my friends' names were shortened, presumably due to their names too long. Will this cause any issues when the train personnal is checking our etickets for the above journeys?

Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with Loco2

No idea what Loco2 is but as regards names, no it is unlikely to be a problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with Loco2

Hi Armageddon1990,

Most rail companies can only print names that are 15 characters or fewer on their tickets, but of course many people have names which are longer than that. On Loco2, we allow you to to input your full name, even if it's long, then we reduce it to 15 characters before sending it to the rail company.

We keep your surname intact, which is the most important part, so your tickets are 100% valid for travel.

Kate

Muscat, Oman
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Problems with Loco2

hi, how is night train experience with kids,is this safe with LOCO2 trains

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problems with Loco2

LOCO2 does not operate any trains. They are a ticket seller only. For more information on trains check out the very helpful Man in Seat 61 website: ww.seat61.com

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problems with Loco2

Shortened names will not cause a problem. Your tickets are fine. Be sure to have ID with you.

Muhammad, we have no idea which night train you're talking about, but all night trains in Europe are safe. That said, I probably wouldn't take one myself, nor attempt to take one with kids. Loco2 is just a ticket seller - it doesn't have anything to do with the actual railroad, which is the SNCF.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Problems with Loco2

With great respect to the contributors on this forum, if you haven't taken a particular night train, please refrain from expressing an opinion.

We've taken many of them. They all have differences, some are not so great, some are really nice. We have had only positive experiences because I think, we set our expectations going into it.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problems with Loco2

When I was a kid, I took a 2 night train ride to my grandmother every summer. I loved those train rides, a lot more than my parents did. So did the other kids on the train. So I'm not sure why someone wouldn't' attempt a night train with kids?

Muscat, Oman
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Problems with Loco2

Thanks for above, i am taking a train from venice to paris, the quoted price is quite cheap on Loco2 compared to other websites, thats why not so sure whether to believe on this website since its my first time to europe. will appreciate veiws on this

i am selecting 6 berth compartment, though we are 5, whether train will reserve the whole compartment of 5 berth for us or 6 passenger could be a stranger one rit?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Problems with Loco2

What other websites are you checking?

Muscat, Oman
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Problems with Loco2

its over other websites train italia, eurorail, etc