We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Topic
Tours

I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon to Paris in April. We'd really like to make an attempt to hit most of the major sites (we'll be there for 8 days). I've seen many offers for tours that 'skip-the-line' and claim that they provide a great experience in less time. Has anyone ever used these types of tours (the ones I've seen have been via lonelyplanet)?

While I don't necessary care about paying a bit of a premium for convenience, I also don't want to buy something that isn't worth it. I was considering using them for the Louvre and our day trip to Versailles.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
295 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,775 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

I would not use it for the Louvre.

I would consider the Kings Apartment Tours for Versailles.. available for purchase on their offiical website. I would not recommend an actual transport tour included tour to Versailles ( one exception) because you are herded through on their timeline.. not romantic .. but I would recommend you go on your own( millions of us do trust me,, its easy, and less than 8 euros return train fare) and enjoy the tour at the Chateau and then the rest of the day enjoying the VAST estate,, gardens, Grand Trianon and Petit Trianon.. and Marie Antionettes Hamlet.. all worth seeing. The palace is so crowded, the time in the grounds is much more relaxing ( the palace is still a must see) The one exception of a tour from Paris to Versailles would be the Fat Tire Bike Tour.. fun, includes stopping at a market to buy your own picnic supplies which you will enjoy on the grounds of Versailles.. Easy and fun. There are a few other companies that do this sort of visit,, i have only used FT myself though .

What you should also consider is the "Behind the Scenes" Eiffel Tower tour.. since you are far too late to prepurchase timed entry tickets.. and the lines there can be long. The tour is available on their offical website, no need to go via middleman agency.

Finally consider getting a Museum Pass.. its generally a fair deal and does allow line skipping in many ( but not all ) places.

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
295 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Fat Tire Tours Paris
Fat Tire Tours Paris
5,705 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,408 Reviews
Paris, France
Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

Thanks!

3. Re: Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20