We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

https:/…

I think it is fine (not huge), but wanted to get some feedback...

California
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

Yes, the 4 of you should be fine in that amount of space!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

I'm afraid no one can answer this question for you. Those who are used to much larger spaces sometimes have a hard time adapting to small apartments, others don't. It's a little larger than our 2 bedroom / one bathroom where we live full time. We have had friends and family stay with us (up to 4 adults and 3 children at a time) and it has not been a problem.

It also depends if 2 double beds + a sofa bed works for your party as well as sharing one bathroom. I am used to that so no problem for me but I won't be the one staying there :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

I think the apt looks very nice, and I can't imagine there wouldn't be adequate room for you all. Sometimes it's hard for us North Americans to realize that space is at a premium in Paris, and that Parisians live in the small spaces they do.

Look at it this way: if you rented a hotel room for the same price, you probably wouldn't have as much space as that apartment. That might add some perspective.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

Thank you. Good to hear. Yes it's true... We are spoiled in North America when it comes to hotel room size. And absolutely, a hotel room for the same money in Paris would be tiny. I actually wonder why someone would even consider a hotel in Paris this day and age over an apartment

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

just note that there is not room for 4 people to sit down in the living room -- a couch and that is it. so someone will be relaxing on an uncomfortable dining chair in the evening to socialize and the bedrooms also have zero space to sit except the bed.

it appears that the toilet is in the bathroom which again reduces functionality for 4 people instead of the usual Parisian custom of a separate space for the toilet

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

In response to Ivan from Ottawa, In this day and age, unless I am travelling with extended family, it's a hotel I prefer. I like having someone clean up and freshen the room and bathroom everyday. It's a vacation. If I want apartment living, I stay home.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

I meant why would anyone choose a hotel over an apartment in Paris specifically, not in general terms. Hotels in Paris offer tiny rooms for very expensive prices. Also, they lack things like a microwave and a washer, unless it is an apartment style hotel

Point taken about there only being one couch, but I cannot imagine we will be spending a lot of time sitting in the living room.... sitting (well lying ) in bed will hopefully be okay... that is what I do at home anyways (I am not in the living room)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

I'm with you WEQueen - when I'm on vacation, I want someone making my bed everyday, clean towels, a front desk to make restaurant reservations, etc. I would have no use for a microwave, because I would never consider cooking or heating anything up - not with all those wonderful restaurants, patisseries, etc. beckoning to me from just around the corner. I would trade space for those amenities anytime.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

RCFChicago, you and I think alike. I am not cooking or washing when traveling. Someone else can do that for me. My biggest fear is losing or forgetting the keys and that could be serious trouble. Having a concierge is like having a "personal assistant" one of the "joys of travel.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this a good apartment size for 3 adults + 1 child?

I love my apartments but in this case if the child needs to sleep before the adults, where will that happen? On the couch? In one of the adult beds? Can an adult and child share a bed? Will an adult sleep on the sofa?

Second floor no elevator is third floor American. Not impossible but travel light.