We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris metro

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Topic
Paris metro

Hi

I will be traveling to paris in August with my parents and 10 year old daughter. I will arrive on a Saturday and leave on Thursday. What is the best pass to buy as I think we will be using the metro a lot. Also can these be bought in advance or is it best to buy in Paris.

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris metro

Simply use a carnet or two and replenish as needed. A carnet (car-nay) is simply ten single tickets, sold at a slight discount. If your parents have any mobility issues, consider using the buses. Same tickets used as for metro.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris metro

I was thinking of getting the carnet but then came across a paris visit pass and didn't know if they were good value for money. Would my 10 year old need a ticket or does she travel free?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,121 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris metro

There is no cost effective pass for your time frame although your child can get a ticket jeune day pass for weekend days. On any one day where you actually plan to use the metro/bus 5 or 6 times, a day pass 'ticket Mobilis' would be worth getting for that day. It cannot be used for airport travel.

Your child is too old for children's fares which end at 9, so just get a couple of carnet of ordinary tickets and share those and buy another carnet (10) if you run out. You can get these from the machines in any metro station.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris metro

Thank you for all your help. I will stick with getting the carnet.

5. Re: Paris metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16