We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
172 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

Hi, have trolled through TA reviewers negative reviews re lines & crowds in Versailles palaces in WINTER. Feel very worried re visiting in high season - August - even on a guided tour.

In summer reviewers say guides cannot be heard due to crowding plus the heat is intolerable to enjoyment.

We desperately want to view the interiors with a guide but we do not want to waste money if we cannot hear the guides info. Should we just take in the exterior of the palaces and enjoy the gardens, regards H

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,480 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

The interiors of the palace will be very hot and crowded in August. I have been many times.. always in summer, and its always be hot and crowded( well except back in the 70s when I have pictures of me standing in the Hall of Mirrors with many 15 other people.. heaven compared to the hundreds you will be pushed through with now) .

I personally would not skip it if you really want to see it though.., and you can use an audio guide and hear just fine.. I detest tour groups as they clog up the rooms even more.. and yes, I imagine that those in the back may have a hard time hearing... however there are the Kings Apartment tour that would be alot less crowded.. but I haven;t taken that one.. ( heard many good things about it though) .. you can purchase that directly on website.

leeds
Level Contributor
172 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

Thanks for the tip re kings palace tour, I will look it up. regards Hol.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

Purchase your ticket before, or have the museum pass, arrive before opening so that you can be one of the first ones in line for the security, get an audio guide and you're on your way before the hords of tour buses show up and you will be fine. It is a fabulous place to visit, both indoors and the gardens. Not to be missed IMHO.

4. Re: Versailles Palaces Noisy + Hot ? Gardens only ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28