We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Paris?

It's our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we're flying into Paris for 6 nights. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel that's in a great location (very centrally located to shops, cafés, attractions)? No budget at this stage, but then again I haven't looked at prices yet! Any suggestions welcome :)

Also, should we be taking a day trip/overnight stay/2 night stay in another region? It's out first time in Paris (flying in from Australia so want to make the most of our 6 nights!). Thank you :)

Israel
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Hotel Britannique is the hotel I always stay in, and it's very centrally located on a lovely street. The hotel itself is very charming and pleasant.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

for 6 nights I would only suggest one day trip which is Versailles.

Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Thanks so much, will check it out!

Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Oh ok, thanks. We were thinking maybe an overnight or 2 night stay in the Champagne region (Epernay). Do you think it would be worth going, or best to spend our time in Paris?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Hotel Vernet, Hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

May Be Better option for you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

If you have only 6 nights, I would choose to remain in Paris. Five days is nothing like enough to see all this city has to offer.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Hotel Vernet, Hotel Mercure Paris Terminus Nord

May Be Better option for you

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

I would make a choice from this list :

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187147-Paris_Ile_d…

Select "Romantic hotels" .

I myself am going to stay in Hotel Apostrophe, which has a jacuzzi in their balneo rooms and in www.l-hotel.com (highest recommendation in my travel guide book) which has a private pool that can be booked for free for an hour for just yourselves. Famous restaurant .

Edited: 06 March 2014, 11:47
Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your advice!

10. Re: Where to stay in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28