We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Atllanta
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Hello,

In early April I am traveling from Paris (after spending 4 days there) to Antibes (for 3 full days) with my 12 year old daughter. How should we travel - by TGV or plane? I guess the plane would fly into Nice, so then we would have to get from Nice to Antibes, while the train goes into Antibes (I think) and is a 10 min walk to our apartment. I checked Air France (which is cheaper than EasyJet after all the fees) and it's somewhat more expensive than the TGV, which is totally 108 euros for both of us. The train is longer of course - 5 hours vs 1.5 on the plane - but if I take into account getting to Orly, waiting at the airport and getting from Nice to Antibes, is it still worth it taking the plane? We only have 3 days in Antibes, so I don't want to spend a whole day traveling, but I also don't want to be stressed traveling with my daughter alone.

Please offer your advice. Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Personally, I'd take the train. The trip is only marginally longer than flying.

Atllanta
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Thank you!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,932 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

When you factor the logistics of getting to and from airports, not to mention you'd still have to get from Nice airport to Antibes, I would imagine there is little if any time savings. The train gets you city center to city center.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Nothing more delightful than sitting in the upstairs part of a double deck train and leaving Gare De Lyon to the French Mediterranean coast. Centre to centre.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Just book a Paris-Antibes ticket from €25 at www.capitainetrain.com, booking usually opens 92 days ahead.

The site will offer you seating options (unlike some US agency websites!), make sure you choose an upstairs seat for the best views along the Rhone Valley at high-speed, then past Marseilles (look out for the infamous chateau d'If on its island out in the bay as you pass) and at low speed all along the Mediterranean coast!

Bring a bottle of wine with you (it's allowed, as on a train you're an adult, not a naughty child who has to belt up and do what they're told!) and enjoy!

Atllanta
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Thank you everyone - train it is!

Kansas City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

My husband and I will be in France in October. We will spend a week in Paris and another week in the Rhone valley/vineyard. What is the best way to get to northern Rhone from Paris?

Thank you for your help,

tai

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

Tai, you should start your own thread. This one is old and has nothing to do with the plans you are contemplating.

9. Re: How to travel from Paris to Antibes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16