We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Among the many reasons that you get to make another visit to Paris.. Yes i want to visit..

and i want an apartment on rent in Paris. I personally believe that the Paris has made me fall in love with its apartments and the mystic and beautiful scenes. Which Travel Agency can provide me good apartments in paris..?

Is there any good Travel Agency, which can help me to make my trip fun and esier. ??

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
113 Reviews
Paris, France
1. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 12:05
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,888 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Ignore reply #1, as it is clearly advertising.

I think it is very unlikely that you will find any Australian travel agent who will be able to help you in finding an apartment in Paris. Apartment owners do not pay commission to travel agents. You will just have to ask in the Paris forum about reliable rental agencies.

I will kick off by suggesting www.perfectlyparis.com which has a number of lovely apartments in Montmartre.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
113 Reviews
Paris, France
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,734 Reviews
Paris, France
Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Do I detect an attempt to address some recent negative reviews ?

4. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,719 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

We have travelled extensively in France. We choose our apartments with lots of care, contacting the apartment owners and checking on Tripadvisor.

As Nick says, most travel agents do not know about apartments. They know about hotels (though not necessarily about how good the hotels are) Do your own research, including reviews on Tripadvisor.

We have a stunning travel agent who can get us exceptional prices on travel, but he can never match the accommodation we can get by searching ourselves on the web.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Suddenly Thomasandrew lives in Melbourne?? when before [ maybe an hour ago ] he was from the US. I am sure I recognise the very descriptive and poetic language from posts a while back. I could be wrong, of course but the ' mystic experiences' gave it away I think.

7. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Perth
Level Contributor
303 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

Unless absolutely necessary We avoid travel agents and enjoy doing the research and booking ourselves. But, each to his own.

We recently booked an apartment in Paris through Paris Deluxe Rentals. They have a good reputation and the experience has been very good so far. See link below.

http://www.parisdeluxerentals.com/

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

I have travelled to Paris more times than I can remember - over 45 years. Travel agents are OK with flights - if you spoon feed them. I haven't found one who has spent more than a couple of days in Paris, usually sponsored by a wholesaler and in a tourist hotel. They don't have any idea which area you should stay in or anything about apartments. You need to do your own research.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: with which Australian Travel agency good to travel Paris ?

We (well, my wife mostly) spent ages looking for apartments in various parts of Europe, including Paris. Not exactly sure why we chose apartments in some places, B&Bs in others, and hotels in a lot of places too, but think price might have been a major consideration. But as others have said, a travel agent anywhere in Aust is next to useless when it comes to apartments. Even for hotels they have their few favourites that they foist on unsuspecting travelers. Usually hidiously expensive or way out in the sticks.

So you need to do your own research to find anything acceptable. When we spent a lot of time in narrowing down our choices and comparing properties very carefully, we lucked out 99 times out of 100. But towards the end of 9 weeks in Europe we had decided to just "leg it". Those last 2 weeks we had some great surprise packages, but we also had some terrible places in the mix. So plan carefully, and take the time to select, based just as much on location as on the particular attributes of the apartments.

Of course it doesn't help when the French government makes apartment rentals so very difficult for most Parisians. But start by searching these forums for reputable France based agencies, and be prepared to spend an awful long time making that decision.

Oh, and ignore the troll that seems to have infested this thread.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
France
France
Europe