We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Paris??

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Paris??

Hi. My husband and I are going to Paris for the first time. Where should we stay so we can just walk to places?. Safe and charming. Thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,216 Reviews
from US$120.80*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
822 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Florida
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

Have you taken a moment to read previous threads of the same questions (it is a popular one!)... Have you plotted a map of the main things you want to see, so you have an idea where you might then want to stay for your visit..?

See this list (TA search results):

http://goo.gl/RD8uXu

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,148 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

within walking distance to the Seine and Ile de la Cité, on either Left or Right Bank, will place you within walking distance of many famous sites

many people find Marais area (part in 4th is more central), St-Germain, Latin Quarter very charming

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

I also suggest staying in St Germain, near RER station St Michel (direct train from airport).

see my advice in the thread "One night in Paris" (click on my name to find it easily) .

It's also near start of boat for dinnercruise www.calife.com

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

P.S. If your budget is like you will have spent on the Hardrock Hotel Riviera Maya , then a great hotel and location will be www.l-hotel.com , the hotel where I will stay for a night in april. Room 32 was recommended to me by the hotel and I have the private pool in the basement to myself for one hour.

This hotel is the highest recommendation in my guidebook . Excellent Michelin-star restaurant and great bar.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

A famous and probably for you affordable hotel in great location is www.carondebeaumarchais.com , but it is in very great demand.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

I'll second what travelnutty said - First, you need to look at a map, so you can plot the things that you want to see.

Paris is not that large a city, and you can walk to a lot of attractions from many different neighborhoods - the Metro and Bus systems are also very easy and convenient.

The thing is that the museums, monuments and other attractions are not all close together - but some of them are, so you can group them for sightseeing. You will have to decide which ones are the most important to you, then it would be easier to suggest the "best area to stay"..

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,416 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

In addition to getting a map I'd suggest getting a guidebook or two so that you can decide which places you'd like to walk to.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

Here's a previous thread on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k1005-…

WIthout knowing anything about you, or your budget, or anything else, it's nearly impossible to do more than give dozens if not hundreds of opinions.

9. Re: Best area to stay in Paris??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:19