We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace of Versailles Tours

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Palace of Versailles Tours

Does anyone know if any of the guided tours offered is in English? Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

yes they are.. you need to go on the website..

under "plan your visit "

"discover the hidden Versailles tours in English and French"

en.chateauversailles.fr/

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

thanks. Have you taken this tour? Is it worth the cost?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

The Kings Apartment tour was definitely worth it for me. It's just a few more euros than the regular admission, and you skip the entrance line with your guide. Then you go in lots of rooms the regular admission doesn't cover, and then you finish at the starting point of the regular tour route so you get that experience as well.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

The King^s apartments tour (also covers the Opera and Chapel) is THE way to do Versailles. No lines is fantastic. When I got there I was frightened by the long lines, untill someone suggested me I could do the tour to avoid all that. It's daily at 9.30 at an entrance on the right at the square. 25 people and noone else will be there in these rooms. After that I did what all people stand in line for but not me.

Go to the ChateauVersailes main website

Edited: 10 March 2014, 13:32
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

dutchguy - do you mean you purchased the tickets for the tour on the day you arrived at Versailles? Just wanting to clarify if that is an option, or if you must purchase them in advance. Thanks.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

I bought my tour ticket on the spot ( I did not know about this possibility), but can well be sold out, as only 25 places. I would not risk it. I think I was very lucky. Only 1 tour.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

There is more than one Kings Apartment tour per day. I was scheduled for the earliest one of the day, but due to train disruptions from Paris I didn't arrive in time. I went to the tour office & inquired & they graciously allowed me to join the next available tour which began about an hour after the first - I was about 15 minutes late for my scheduled tour so I had to wait around a bit for the next one to start. I seem to recall seeing a few other upcoming times posted on their daily board as well.

On the day I was there (mid-November 2013) there were only about 8 people in my tour group, so there definitely would have been spots for same-day purchase. However, that's obviously not guaranteed during high-crowd times.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

Thanks. I'll have a look at the Versailles site to see about times etc.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

The Versailles palace website shows only 1 tour per day but I too remember now that when I took the tour there was mentioning of another one after that.

10. Re: Palace of Versailles Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:17