We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing jeans and comfortable clothes in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Wearing jeans and comfortable clothes in Paris

At first everyone said not to look like a tourist and not wear jeans. But there is a giveaway while looking at and up at bldgs, etc. they we will be tourists! Anyway I would think that even locals wear jeans and casual clothes. Sure they also work and have work attire any most people do dress better then jeans for dinner. Any advice?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Wearing jeans and comfortable clothes in Paris

I only worry about it for presentation and comfort (right attire for the weather/activities/location), can be mix-matched and fits in one carry-on with room to add a piece or two that are purchased in Paris.

los angeles
Level Contributor
64 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Wearing jeans and comfortable clothes in Paris

clairdekalb, that's my goal. when i was in paris 35 years ago some men were talking about me in English as tho i was/were french. i haven't been back but will be spending 6 weeks in an apartment starting may 1. i think that would be nice, to be mistaken but the most important thing for me is that my jeans are stretchy with lots of give in the waist for comfort. Hue makes all sorst of them and if you mix them with boots, layers and some delicate jewelry i think that makes for a nice classic look that you can just forget about while enjoying all Paris has to offer.

The stretch is a big deal for me!

73. Re: Wearing jeans and comfortable clothes in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:15