We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Transportation

How do I go to Suite Novotel Paris Issy les Moulineaux hotel from CDG airport? I am traveling with family (2 Adults 2 Kids). Is there a shuttle service or should I take a taxi? How much would it cost?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation

with 4 people, taxi is a good value (no need to handle luggage). it's about 50-60 euro.

or you can take the RoissyBus shuttle to Opera station, then taxi.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 08:28
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation

>>> Is there a shuttle service or should I take a taxi? <<<

Unlike the USA, shuttles in Paris are unreliable and frequently do not show up - even when paid for in advance.

Taxis on the other hand, are safe and utterly reliable. Paris taxi drivers are professional, and some of the most heavily regulated in the world - but then you might expect that from the City where the taxi was invented. They pay a lot of money for their licences and are not going to put them in jeopardy to rip you off for a few euros.

Simply go to the official, marshalled taxi rank outside the terminal. Have the full street address of your destination written down to show the driver to avoid misunderstandings.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation

Well, you are not staying in Paris so it will likely cost more to get there.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,538 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation

This hotel is well outside of Paris. Getting there may be just the beginning of your transportation concerns. I should think a taxi will cost closer to 60€ to 65€.

Do you have a specific reason for staying at this location?

SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation

The reason to book this hotel ....I saw that it was reasonable (for a family of 4) compared to the other hotels close to the main attractions and it was close to a train station.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,538 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation

Agreed, you are close to an RER station but far away from any métro station. I just want you to consider transportation time and costs to Paris from this hotel.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation

The hotel is on the RER C and also on Tram line 2, so I think that you will be quite happy with it. If you don't want to take a taxi, you can take the RER B from CDG to Saint Michel and then change to the RER C.

The fare is 11.90€ to get to the station "Issy-Val de Seine" -- half price for children between the age of 4 and 9. (free for age 0-3 of course)

A taxi on a weekday would cost at least 60 euros, so it's up to you to determine what you prefer...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation

Well, if you take into consideration the cost of commuting to Paris for four of you it may not be that reasonable any more.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation

... so now you need to figure out how much it will cost each day to move your family back & forth to Paris ....

the hotel is in zone 2, you will need tickets for Issy les Moulineaux<>Paris each day.

Adult price 2.65€ per ticket (one way)

Child under 10 yrs 1.30€ per ticket (one way)

With those tickets, you may connect to a different RER or Metro to move around Paris. While in Paris you will need more tickets (Ticket t+, good for Paris only) for additional rides. These are sold as groups of 10 tickets for 13.30€ at adult price, and there may be a child price as well. These can be split up and used until you run out of them.

It may be possible to save on transportation by buying the Navigo Decouverte pass for each person, for two zones, depending on what days of the week you will be visiting. Or 2 Navigo Dec for adults + 2 Paris Visite for children (under 12) for a little less.

Read here:

www.vianavigo.com/en/tickets-and-fares/

SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation

I realized that. But I had booked this place before I had a little knowledge about the geography of Paris! Now that I am looking for hotels closer to the major attractions, either they are sold out or way more expensive :(