We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

Hello! I need some help with finding a place to stay for my first time in Paris and I really don't even know where to start looking.

I will be traveling to Paris May 21 - May 26 with 2 other women (3 of us total). We need a place to stay and our budget is very low - no more than $200 each of us for the total stay of 5 nights (so the whole cost has to be around $600 which we will then split in 3).

We are really trying for a private room since we plan on buying stuff, even if it is very small or a little out of the main way. We don't care if it's a hotel, hostel, apartment, or other type of facility. As long as it is cheap, there's a shower in the building, and it's not super far from the center of Paris.

Obviously, we may not find something but maybe one of you knows of something that we inexperienced Paris travelers do not. If not, any recommendations for a hostel with a shared room within our budget are more than welcome!

Also, I've seen some budget hotels with last minute rates for private rooms for 3 within our budget. What are the chances of snagging one of those rooms during the time that we are visiting? Is it worth the risk to try and get a good last minute rate?

Thank you so much for any help!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
572 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$332.10*
Florida
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

You might have some trouble with your budget... $600US is about 87€ per night for 3 persons in one room.

Send the booking form:

www.cosmos-hotel-paris.com/en,1,6436.html

france-hotel-guide.com/en/75012-lux-hotel-pi…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

You might read through some of these: www.hostelworld.com/search…

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

travelnutty, thank you so much for those 2 options! They look great. I am contacting them both now for some more information. And yes, the budget is very low. I can actually spend some more than that but my travel partners cannot so I am kind of stuck. =/

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

MPilgrim, thank you! I am browsing all these options...

Florida
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

TA has hostel listings - you can check reviews and photos... I would deal directly with the establishment with regard to bookings however...

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187147-c3-zff26-Pari…

(it says 'hotels' but it will link to the hostels classification)

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

A private room for 3 (meaning not dorm-style accommodations)in most hostels is not a great deal. You are charged per person in a hostel, so sometimes the cost is deceiving. (You hear "40 euros," and it sounds cheap until you multiply it by 3. The "cheap" rates are for the dorms with 8 or even 12 beds, and you don't want that.

Check to see if you can get a private room (but with shared bath) at the Marignan on rue Sommerard. If that's not available, look at the Tiquetonne. It's definitely a budget place, but a step up from a hostel.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

Try looking on www.centreparis.com they may have something in your price range

Disclaimer: I have not used the agency, so do some research on them before using them.. from limited queries I have run on them they seem to be okay

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

If you find something affordable at Centreparis, post the link here--someone may have stayed in it and can give you a personal review. You can even enter the apartment name or reference number into the search box on this page. If someone has mentioned staying there, the old post will appear.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

airbnb.com

vrbo.com

homeaway.com

Try these pages to find apartment instead, I used it to find my apartment in in Paris below 100Eu/night.

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need cheap/budget hostel/apt for 3 girls 5 nights in Paris

I agree with rinahao, airbnb.com is where I booked an apartment for our first stay in Paris. Plenty of places in good neighborhoods for $120-$175 per night. I don't know that I'll ever stay in another hotel in any city I go to now! Much cheaper than a hotel, plus you have a kitchen, shower, etc. plenty of options there to check out.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 04:13