We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

While Google Street walking around Bercy, I saw that the Chateau is not SO far off from the village. Is it worth a visit? How much time would you recommend for both activities? I was thinking a half day but not sure if that's over- or underestimating. Thank you for you input.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

Bercy Village is just a small, modern outdoor mall so how long it takes only depends on whether you are interested in shopping or eating there (not really worth a visit in my opinion but if you are nearby why not, it's pleasant enough and rather cute in its own way). It can take as little as 10 minutes just to stroll through or you could spend a couple of hours.

Château de Vincennes, it depends. I live nearby and like it a lot although as a French person who has visited hundreds of medieval castles I wouldn't rate this one as the most interesting nor impressive but visitors from the New World may find it very interesting to see a medieval castle so close to Paris. There is not that much open to the public so one hour is sufficient to tour the castle and see the Sainte Chapelle but you could linger and stay a little longer. The chapel closes during the lunch hour so make sure to check the opening times on the official site so you don't show up when the chapel is closed.

http://en.chateau-vincennes.fr/

Edit: I can't access my facebook account right now to share my photo albums of the château de Vincennes but if you click on my profile you should find a link to various photo albums and several of them focus on the castle.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 19:35
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

You may also find this thread interesting: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k66584…

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

I've walked it from Bercy Village to Vincennes, not all the way to the chateau but to the park. Took me about 35 minutes but I've enjoyed more interesting walks in my time.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

It's definitely not a nice walk through Bercy to the wood, I have done it too and it seemed endless, just highways and busy roads and corporate buildings. It's a 25-minute trip by métro from Cour St Emilion to Château de Vincennes. There may be a direct bus, but I don't think so, I'd have to check.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

Agree that Bercy Village is probably not worth going out of your way - except if you are a kitchenware aficionado as the shop there is extensive and amazing with items I've never seen elsewhere and some I couldn't find online once home. Other than that, the shops are not very interesting and the eateries are nothing special (and pricey). It's a pleasant place when the weather is nice.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

You can take the T3 tramway from Bercy Village to Porte de Vincennes. There is now a walkway from Bercy Village to the Baron Le Roy tram station. This is a godsend because that station was almost totally inaccessible before (and had no passengers).

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

The keep and chapel at the Château de Vincennes are completely under-rated and I think worth the cost of admission. The restoration of the structures was excellent. It's now fully open to the public and for the moment, uncrowded and accessible. The keep in particular is beautifully restored but almost ignored by visitors to Paris. It's an authentic mediaeval castle that's just a short ride on métro line-1 from the center of the city. It's worth a visit.

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

I went to Chateau Vincennes in April 2011 and loved it. If you don't have time or the chance to get out to the countryside (eg Loire Valley) to see any chateaus this is ideal. It is filled with French history as well, so definitely worth the visit.

DH and I spent about 2 hours overall then we caught the metro to one of the Champs Elysees stations and then changed lines (to 13) to get to the Basilica St Denis for the afternoon. The trip took just under an hour, but was heaven for our feet! I still think this day was one of the highlights of the trip :)

9. Re: Bercy Village and Chateau Vincennes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17