We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon itinerary

Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon itinerary

My fiance and I are going to Paris for our honeymoon! We get there 7:20am Tuesday 13th May, leaving lunch time on Friday 23rd May. Please take a look at our itinerary and give us some pointers (good and bad!). Thanks for looking.

Tuesday 13th May

- Arrive CDG 7:20am

- Buy 4 day museum pass

- Taxi to hotel

- Breakfast while waiting, check out surrounds

- Check into hotel 10pm

- free afternoon (might go check out eiffel tower as we are staying very close)

Wednesday 14th

- notre Dame

- Saint chapelle

- Shakespeare & co bookshops

- Luxembourg gardens

- Pantheon

Thursday 15th May

- Louvre

- L'orangerie via tuileries gardens

- Place de la Concorde

- Walk down Pont Alexandre III

- Arch de triomphe?

Friday 16th May

- Versailles

Saturday 17th May

- Markets? (recommendations?)

- Sacre couer

- Army museum?

Sunday 18th May

- trocadero, sunset

Monday 19th May

- montparnasse cemetery

- Catacombs

Tuesday 20th May

Wednesday 21st May

Thursday 22nd May

Friday 23rd May

- Fly out 12pm

I feel like the first few days are very busy but only because of trying to fit everything in the museum pass.Perhaps we should break it up to do a 6 day one?

Luxembourg Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings, Gardens
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon itinerary

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,872 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon itinerary

My advice is to check the list of museums and monuments covered by Museum Pass. You may find there is much more interesting sites worth visiting. Make a list of desired sites and divide them for days of validity of pass, making note of closing days. This kind of planning make Museum Pass more worthwhile. Plan sites that are not covered by pass for days after pass expires.

We really liked d'Orsay museum, Army museum + Napoleon Tomb, Rodin museum, Cluny museum, Archeological Crypt of Notre Dame, Arc de Trimphe (top), Pompidou Centre, Cathedral of St. Denis beside these that you mentioned.

You may also research short (1hr.) out of town trips, but plan them so they wouldn't interfere with Paris Museum Pass if it doesn't cover the entrance.

We loved 3/4 day trip to Giverny - home and garden of Claude Monet; or Fontainebleau.

You may fill your days so to create life long memories - just do more research, read couple guide books.

We also liked Pere Lachaise Cemetery.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon itinerary

You have such a nice length of time in Paris--good for you. I see that you aren't over-scheduling--which is great.

I'm wondering if it might be a better idea to use the museum pass for the middle of your stay. Give yourself the first 2 days to get acclimated a bit and get beyond any jet lag you might experience. You don't say where you are traveling from, so it's hard to say how much jet lag you might encounter. If you're from North America, there will definitely be some. Plus, if it's your first time in Paris, give yourself those first 2 days to explore and get the feel for what's out there.

I think you could plan your itinerary by area of the city. For example, one day explore the Pantheon area and see the "main attractions" there. Another day explore the 5th near the Seine and do the Islands (including Notre Dame and Ste Chapelle). Another day the Marais, Place des Vosges, Bastille. Other areas are Les Halles/rue Montorgueil/St Eustache; Opera area; Montmartre; St Germain; 7th arr including Ecole Militaire and Eiffel Tower; Canal St Martin. You get the idea. In this way, you see the living city as well as the major monuments and museums you are also interested in.

There is a wonderful little guidebook that I think could be of great use to you in several ways. It's called "Insight Guides: Paris Step By Step." First, it is full of self-guided walks throughout many parts of the city (so that will help with the above plan on how to organize). Also, it has a full map of Paris, while at the same time, separate small maps of each area and its "special" sights. This really helps orient you to the lay out of the city overall. The little maps show you what is near what--so you can put together a day that includes Notre Dame and the Marais, for example (because they abut), or Les Halles and the Opera area, etc. You really can plainly see what "makes sense." And you organize by "real" places instead of "just" monuments/museums.

I suggest order that little book (very thin--not overwhelming) and looking through it. Get a feel for the overall lay-out of the city, especially in regard to where your lodging is. (You can see what's walkable and when you'll want to use the Metro. The book includes a Metro route chart.) You'll find that there is so much to see beyond "the big names," which is very good because you've got lots of time to explore.

In no time, you'll have the rest of your itinerary filled in--or at least you will have lots more ideas to choose from. You'll see what attracts you--it may be all the big museums, and it may not. But you will know what all is out there and where it is.

Congratulations and have a wonderful time!

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon itinerary

Thanks everyone for your help - we are flying from Australia via Singapore to France, so I agree that we should move the museum pass to a few days in!

Thanks again!

5. Re: Honeymoon itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 13:19