We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Looking for a hotel near the Gare St. Lazarre for a family of 3 (2 adults one teenager). Any suggestions would be helpful.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,957 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

My relatives live very very close to there.. and there is nothing wrong with area.. but why would anyone choose to stay there( if paying !)? Even if getting a train I would still choose a more atmospheric area to enjoy the one evening you may have left in Paris. Unless of course the price is free.. free makes anywhere pretty good. lol

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

By near, do you mean across the street or a10 to 15 minute walk? If the latter, check out Hotel Athenee on Rue Caumartin. Another good choice is Hotel Le Grey.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 19:25
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Thank you for the recommendations, much appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,700 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Hotel Langlois has large rooms and is not far...

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

We stayed at the New Orient Hotel. Great little hotel about a 5- 10 minute walk. We really liked the area, it was away from the main tourist area but very accessible.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
610 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Agree that a lot depends on how "near" you want to be. Place de la Concorde is only about a 15 minute walk from St. Lazarre. And if "close" means within 10-15 minutes by metro, it expands the area even more.

Without more clarification, I would assume that the OP will be coming in and/or leaving from that station by train and just wants it to be a fairly easy journey between station and hotel. And, in that case, almost anywhere in the 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th and parts of 17th & 18th would probably fit the bill of "close."

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

www.hotelbritannia.com , where you'd probably need 2 rooms but stiil affordable may be.

Linthicum, MD
Level Contributor
596 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

You might consider the Mercure Paris Opera Garnier. It's a standard first-class chain hotel, but quite comfortable. It's on the rue d'Isly.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

Appreciate all the information, thank you.

NJ
Level Contributor
166 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendations near Gare St. Lazarre

I agree with comment #5. We also stayed at the New Orient Hotel and had a wonderful stay. It is a 5 minute walk to Gare St. Lazarre. We loved the area. It is also close to the metro as well as restaurants and markets. It is close to the lovely Parc Monceau and about a 10 minute walk to Galeries Lafayette. I would stay in this area again.