We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

Do see this if you get the chance. We went today and loved it (Book in advance, or be prepared for a long wait)

Also, make sure you visit the cafė on the top floor

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
1,821 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

At what time did you go today? It was a real mess in the morning. I got in line with an advance ticket at 9 a.m. for the 9:30 opening. The doors did not open until 10:45 , because of a strike (transport?) As the cold morning wore on with promises that the museum would open in "awhile," some in line started to shout obscenities; a few banged on the museum windows; and many started to chant. When the doors finally opened, museum staff mistakenly started to let the wrong line enter through the revolving doors. At that point, those at the head of my line removed the barrier and started to push forward and a free-for-all to gain admission ensued. I was essentially shoved into the museum. It was a rather rowdy start to attend an art exhibition!

But I, too, enjoyed the show and highly recommend it. Under normal conditions, an advance ticket is definitely the way to go.

Level Contributor
7,880 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

Boy that situation above sounds unpleasant. Enjoying the many wonderful experiences in Paris is getting tough.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

You just never know...a few days ago...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k72815…

In my experience, it's a huge advantage to attend an exhibition the day it opens or as soon as possible, before the word gets out.

Some years ago, the Monet exhibition at the Grand Palais was most enjoyable when it opened. After that, if you could get a ticket, it was mobbed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

Is there an extra fee for the exhibit? Or is it covered if I use the museum pass?

5. Re: Van Gogh at the Musėe d'Orsay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:18