We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

Hello,

I'm visiting Paris in early July with my 12 year old daughter. Need a nice hotel within walking distance to metro and cafes (Daughter is to the type to trudge on foot all day). Based on reviews here, I've narrowed it down to three hotels:

1) Millisime in St. Germain - I have a package that includes breakfast, Seine cruise, and 1 way to airport for $840E total for 3 nights

2) Hotel St. Germain for $807E total for 3 nights.

3) Hotel Henri IV on Left Bank for $690E total for 3 nights.

The price difference between the hotels is inconsequential to me, i.e. I'm not going for the cheapest. That said, it still seems a no brainer for me to choose the Millisime due to the reviews here and the package extras...but just want to make sure I'm not missing something about location etc. Have read some things about St Germain area not being ideal, of course everyone has their own opinions so there is no right answer. To me the most important thing is a location which allows for easy access to sights whether by walking or metro and easy to find food options. Thanks for opinions. And of course, if I've missed the very best hotel in the very best location for around this price, please do tell.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

OOPs! Meant Daughter is NOT the type to trudge on foot all day for long distances.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

Any of those locations would be just fine.

Once in Paris, learn to use the buses. They're terrific for getting round and saving your feet.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

Paris is not that big: roughly 6 1/2 miles in diameter (10 kilometers for all the billions of people using the metric system)

Most hotels in Paris are close to cafes, restaurants and the Metro (there are 303 metro stations in Paris).

The Saint-Germain-des--Prés area IS on the Left bank of the river and is the favorite area for many Americans, so you will be in very good company.

There are lots of buses too. Note that you cannot transfer from the metro to a bus or vice-versa with a T + ticket (the basic single trip ticket)

The hotel you prefer--good choice--is spelled Millésime..(you can omit the accent on the 1st e when using a US keyboard..).

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,362 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

With the airport transfer the Millisme comesout cheaper than the St Germain. Since the location is similar, I'd go for that.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,770 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

+1 We've staying at the Millésime for years now and have always enjoyed the location, the pick-up, and that small courtyard for relaxing in the afternoon.

Pjk

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

On the same street as the Millésime is www.hotel-dangleterre.com , with very similar prices, incl. breakfast if booked through hotel website. It would have my preference but only YOU know what you like, of course.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,203 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

There are several "Henri IV" named hotels, if this is on the Ile de Cite, it is not in the same category as the other two in your list. (prev a 1* and may still be so).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

The Henri VI hotel I was referring to is called Hotel Henri IV and is on Rue St. Jacques. Now I am also confused about all the hotels named Henri IV! Do you know of the one I mention above?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

The one you mention on Rue Saint Jacques is a lovely hotel, next to Shakespeare&Co. and a few steps away from the Notre Dame. I stayed nearby this past August and liked it more than I thought I would.

Hotel Millesime also comes highly recommended.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,190 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Three Hotel Confuzzalation - Need advice

The Henri IV on Rue St. Jacques is referred to as Henri IV Rive Gauche.