We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

I want to see the WWI museum in Meaux and also some sites and am wondering what is the fastest way to get there and from which train station in Paris to leave from. Do I need to book in advance or can I just purchase a walk up fare? I understand it's less than one hour away from central Paris.

http://www.museedelagrandeguerre.eu/en

I am currently making lists of WWI and WWII museums and memorials to visit. Meaux looks like a very beautiful city and there is a castle as well.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

It is just a suburban train leaving from Gare de l'Est. You cannot book ahead. You can find the fare on the transilien.com website. It should be under 10 euros.

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

I found many sites for trains but not that one. I will check it out and thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

Yes, Meaux is just on a commuter line. It takes 39 minutes.

Here is the schedule: transilien.com/contents/fr/Docs---PDF/Fiches…

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

The trains run so frequently I'll have no worries. Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

Th direct trains from Gare de l'Est to Meaux take only 24 minutes and Meaux is the first stop. The non-direct trains take 39 minutes. The fare is 7.90€ one-way. If you don't have a Navigo pass then it makes the most sense to buy a one day Mobilis pass for zones 1-5 at a cost of 16.10€ as it covers that journey, all your traveling in Paris that day and any public transport you might use in Meaux (or anywhere within zone 5 for that matter). Buy it first thing in the morning before taking the métro/RER to Gare de l'Est.

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

I was planning to buy the Navigo pass when I arrive in Paris.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

You might look at this thread for info about Navigo passes and getting to Meaux. My Mrs. might be able to assist you with your transport and cost options when she gets back later today but you'll likely have to provide more info about your trip and logistics (how many in your group, ages, where will you stay, dates of arrival and departure etc.).

tripadvisor.com/…56933483

Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

It's just me, 50 something y/o female...in November for five nights. Arriving at Gare du Nord (Eurostar) and leaving from CDG. Staying in the 9th.

I'll be all over Paris and day trip to Meaux.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

If your five nights are within a Monday to Sunday period you may want to get the navigo pass for zones 1-5 since Paris is in zone 1 and Meaux is in zone 5. It would also include airport transfer to CDG.

vianavigo.com/en/…

If your trip is from mid-week to mid-week then it would be best to get just single tickets: a carnet of tickets t+ (13.70 €) for your trips within Paris + a Mobilis pass for your day out to Meaux (16.10 €) + a separate ticket to the airport (9.75 €)

Edited: 21 March 2014, 17:04
Eastlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quickest way from Paris to Meaux

I arrive on Monday and fly out on Saturday. The Navigo pass 1-5 zones sounds like it will work for me.