We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

Bonjour!

I was going to buy the ticktets for the Arc de Triomphe from the Paris Info website, but it says I would have to pick the tickets up at the tickets office. Does this mean that even buying the tickets online I would have to make the crazy lines in order to get the ticktets? Merci!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

There are generally no lines at the Arc du Triomphe anyway, so there's really nothing to be gained by buying them in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,306 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

the only place I can imagine you would gain by buying on line and then going to a separate office to pick up would be Musee d'Orsay -- and you can just get those on line and print them yourself.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

I read somewhere (can't remember where) there were big lines at the Arc de Triomphe, so I thought it would be nice to skip those... But then it seems I would have to go to the ticktets office anyway...

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

You were misinformed. There are rarely lines, and if there's a short line, it will move quickly.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

I have never seen lines at the Arc de Triomphe. I suppose if it's a special holiday or something there might be. I just haven't seen any.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

I did see a fairly long line at the Arc de Triomphe last Mar/April. It's included on the Museum Pass though, if you're going to enough of those places that you'd benefit from one. However, when we were there in June 2009 there were no lines.

Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

I have been to the Arc de Triomphe many times. A few times there was hardly any line but I have been in lines for 20+ minutes too. August is especially busy. Having said that ... I came here to find out about e-ticket sales but indeed also find you have to pick them up at FNAC. The trouble you will save you will spend at picking up your tickets (unless you were planning a trip to FNAC anyway).

Long story short? The lines are there, but they are not bad enough to buy your tickets in advance unless the e-ticket version is available after all.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,306 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

If you have to go to a FNAC it is ridiculous to buy ahead. You can go to a FNAC and buy tickets to many attractions once you get there if you want to do that.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

There is actually a FNAC near the Arc de Triomphe on the Champs Elysses. Probably a 5 minute walk max. I bought tickets at that FNAC for the Louvre. But again, I've never experienced a line at the Arc de Triomphe and I second the idea about just using your Museum Pass if you are getting one for other attractions.

10. Re: Arc de Triomphe - Buying tickets online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 07:16