We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights- Paris- June or July?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights- Paris- June or July?

We are planning on going to Paris 2015 to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary (my 1st time). We think e can swing 5 nights (our girls will be 4 and 7, and will be staying behind w/ my parents).

Anniversary is July 23rd, would love to spend actual anniversary in Paris, however know June is the month to go to Paris- is July too hot...would rather the better experience, so if June is that much better, we'll do it then! but maybe July we'll "beat the crowds"? thoughts??

Also, for 5 nights should we plan on just staying in Paris? Or can we manage day trips on top of it? Champagne? high speed train only 45 mins? Giverny??? Or overnight at one?

Boston
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

should mention, budget not an issue

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

I would prefer June, but since its your wedding anniversary perhaps celebrating it in July makes more sense. Make sure you book A/C -ed hotel.

Crowds are insane. You could squeeze 1 out of town trip, but no more IMO.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
870 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

Hi. I would go in July as it your anniversary. Just make sure your hotel has AC. In Paris you never know what the weather will be. We went in August 2011 and it was 72 every day - a little cool in the mornings and evenings - never needed a/c. While I usually recommend going to Reims to see a champagne house or two, there is plenty to keep you busy in Paris for five days. Since this is your first time in Paris, most would recommend staying in the 4th 5th or 6th arrondissement.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

I don't think it's particularly important to schedule the trip to coincide with the exact date of your anniversary. I'd personally prefer June, although one can never count on the weather being predictable. With such a short trip, I wouldn't consider leaving Paris unless you have a burning desire to visit a particular place.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

I have been in may, june, july, august , september and october.

There is no real difference in june or july to me. Crowds are bad from April -Sept with a slight lull in prices and local traffic in august.

I have been hot and cold in each of those months.. good luck trying to figure out the weather.. I will be there this year in july and am still making sure to pack sundresses, windbreaker and a fleece jacket..cause it can go either way.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

I'm another who is long past restricting celebrating on the actual date when alternate times make much more sense and may be far more enjoyable.

But, I'd choose September over June.

I disagree about crowds in April and September...as that has not been our experience over many trips in each month.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

July will probably be warmer, though no one can guarantee the weather at any time of the year. It will not be any hotter than the Summer in Boston, though.

As far as crowds go, there is simply no escaping them - they are here all year long. You might avoid the "crush" if you visit certain attractions late at night (museums) or early in the mornings (monuments) - but more people are travelling to Paris than ever before, so you can plan on having a lot of company.

If the actual date is important to you, as it is to many people, look around for hotels offering "romantic packages" and so forth, which will make things even more special. Book a spa treatment, a nice restaurant or a champagne tasting weekend trip - you have plenty of time to do all this in advance. Don't put off anything till the last minute, though - a lot of things book up a year in advance. If you do plan to escape from Paris central, don't forget to book your train tickets in advance, for the best prices and availability.

Boston
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

thx for feedback! I agree, I need to be a bit open to not celebrating on the actual day, we also have to work around my parents schedule since they will be taking care of the girls. June can be very hectic w/ end of school so Sept is definitely something to consider! thx!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

Capegirl.. September is nice weather wise.. but crowds are not alot less. and hotel prices are at peak and vacancies are at lowest ebb.. its a busy month for trade shows and fashion week etc.. so if contemplating Sept ... book soon or yesterday! I also think beginning of school year is worse to leave then end ... but thats another issue.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 nights- Paris- June or July?

Joan,

She is thinking 2015.