We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London day trip of older folk

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
London day trip of older folk

Inlaws considering taking a day trip to London.

Good or bad idea?

They in their mid to late 70s

Thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
344 reviews
from US$60.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,257 reviews
from US$105.79*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
535 reviews
from US$43.78*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
666 reviews
from US$108.23*
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London day trip of older folk

If they're fit why not?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London day trip of older folk

I'm a bit younger but spent a day in London from Paris last year. I caught the 0843 train out and the 1901 back (with the 1-hour time difference I arrived in Paris at 2217. I went to see an exhibition at the Queen's Gallery, saw Changing the Guard at BuckHouse, then to the V&A where I had lunch and enjoyed a couple of hours there. That was as much as I could manage comfortably. A long day, but I had it structured before I left

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London day trip of older folk

We did a HOHO tour in London on our day trip. If the weather is good, it's a great way to see the highlights, without much planning or walking. Of course you can get off anywhere along the route and explore.

4. Re: London day trip of older folk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:16