We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

woman's style in paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
419 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
woman's style in paris

I will be in Paris a the end of next month-and want to match Paris street style. Do I pack skinny pants, full pants or maxi skirts. Please no criticism for caring; I had a traumatic experience on the Almafi coast-I am older, not rich or thin. (but last year in Puglia and Rome I took trip advisor advice and was a knockout even with my white hair and wrinkled skin). so what do I pack for Paris?

California
Level Contributor
674 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: woman's style in paris

Pinterest is your friend. I will be taking tons of pictures on my trip and I really plan on looking like me. Not like a Parisian. I watch lots of travel shows and always pay attention to the people on the streets. They look like my neighbors. Not super stylish. I wear a very monochomatic color pallet and add a few bright color pieces a few colorful scarfs and some jewelry. Again, pinterest has wonderful ideas on what to pack and how it should all fit in a carry on.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
52. Re: woman's style in paris

Mpilgrim...I thought that you forgot one L in bals...

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: woman's style in paris

What about prints? More specifically leopard or animal prints. Don't laugh, I'm actually serious. I have a favorite silk, button down leopard print top that I love to take for travel. It packs beautifully and layers with tanks, tshirts, camis, or worn alone. Jeans, skirts, goes with everything, very versatile. But is that too loud of a print for Paris?

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: woman's style in paris

Cheffiebabe: no if you want to fit in; yes if you just don't care and you like the top.

Mind you, it's not like people are going to be pointing at you in your top and saying: "ha, ha, look at her." There are people in Paris dressed in all sorts of ways. It's just a matter of whether you can carry off the French woman look or not. If you don't care, don't worry about it. I also agree that if you aren't a French woman, it is impossible, but I continue to enjoy trying.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,283 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: woman's style in paris

y'know, all this stuff about what French women buy -- makes me wonder who buys the animal prints and red coats and bright colors in the shops that are well away from the prime tourist areas (and out in the countryside of France....)

If you love your leopard print top and you feel good in it -- WEAR IT -- confidence is a far more powerful accessory than any designer label.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: woman's style in paris

I packed a couple animal print tops last summer, wore them with pride, and was shocked at how many Europeans we saw with them. Even managed to pick up an animal-print shirt (sort of) for my boyfriend while we were there :-)))

Sophia Loren's favorite, no?

It was in style for fall/winter of this year, so I'm sure people will still be wearing it. And, I think, it's always sexy, if done right. Your top sounds awesome.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,715 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: woman's style in paris

a trip to Zara will give an idea of what is being worn in Europe in general

the way the French put an outfit together will differ from other places though

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
58. Re: woman's style in paris

Perfect, thank you I do love that top :)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: woman's style in paris

Or Mango ;-)

…mango.com/FR/…

Rock that top, Cheffiebabe! (Edit: For European look, minimum accessories and makeup goes with animal print. And undone or ponytail for hair, none of that blow-dried do's )

Edited: 01 April 2014, 03:37
Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: woman's style in paris

zara: http://www.zara.com/fr/fr/femme/chemises/chemisier-à-imprimé-animal-c358004p1744516.html

In navy blue. Unbelievable ;-)

Edited: 01 April 2014, 03:45