We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montmartre

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
montmartre

please can anyone help me decide on a hotel in the montmartre area of paris. i am going in june with my wife and four twenty year olds, our budget is 130£ per night per room, 2 in a room

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: montmartre

We'll help you decide. Which hotels are you considering? You shouldn't need to spend 130€ per room.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: montmartre

i'm looking for something clean and comfortable and not too stuffy so the young young ones can feel at home, close to restaurants ,bars and the metro to explore the usual attractions. thanks for replying

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: montmartre

So you have not done any research yet.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: montmartre

We stayed in le relais montemarte. Loved the location. Perfect. Great staff.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: montmartre

thank you for your help doby47, I usually do a bit of research on places I visit but it's helpful to have recommendations too.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: montmartre

I have stayed at Best Western, Prince Montmartre. Ask for a room at the front of the hotel as it has great views of Sacre Coeur. The area is full of great bakeries, restaurants, bars and cafés. Great atmosphere

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: montmartre

For me the question would be choosing between the front of Montmartre (rue des Abbesses area) or the back of Montmartre (rue Caulaincourt area), not to mention the edges of Montmartre such as Place de Clichy or Pigalle or Jules Joffrin. Each area has its own charm, its own restaurants and markets and its own variable prices.

Not knowing the interests of the OP, that is why I cannot make any recommendations. In any case £130 per room is a rather excessive budget for most of the 18th arrondissement, but you can easily spend that much if you truly want to.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: montmartre

thank you casbird, I have now booked a hotel called le relais upon another recommendation.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: montmartre

thank you kerouac2, this is the first time I've used the trip advisor forum as you can probably tell. I booked le relais on another recommendation. a French teacher I know lived in montemartre and said it is the place to go to get a true reflection of paris. i'm sure we'll have a great time, cheers

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: montmartre

Montmartre is a fantastic area you will no doubt have a great time, enjoy your trip.