We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower... General Questions

Phoenix, Arizona
10 posts
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower... General Questions

My buddies and I (3 total) are going to be in Paris and we want to go to the top of the Eiffel tower. I have read and researched that you can stop at the 1st and 2nd floor, we have all talked about it and we really don't care to see what is there we want to head straight to the top. I went online to the eiffel tower website to order tickets, however, they are sold out. From my understanding we can still purchase tickets at the Eiffel Tower. We will be going on Wednesday, May 21st. Any suggestions on what is the best time to go? Morning, midday, night? Also, is the cost on the website the same price as purchasing tickets on the spot? Also, what is a good estimated wait time to the top with the lines?

Addition:

I have also read that you can walk from the 2nd floor to the top. My friends and I are fit and not opposed to doing so. Would this be a good idea?

Edited: 31 March 2014, 18:41
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower... General Questions

First lift goes to 2nd floor, where you line up for second lift going to the top.

Start early, half an hour before opening for shortest line. As day goes by, line gets longer - 2 hr. waiting in the afternoon / evening.

The cost is the same.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower... General Questions

You can take the steps from the ground to the 2nd level. There's a separate ticket window for those, usually never long. Once on the 2nd level, you can purchase supplemental tickets to the Summit.

If you do decide to join the queue for tickets to the Summit, everyone gets off on the second level and is expected to proceed to the separate elevators to the Summit. The other levels, if you wish to stop on them, are supposed to be visited on your way back down to the ground.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower... General Questions

If you fail to stop and look around the 2nd level, you will miss the best views of the city.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower... General Questions

You cannot, under ordinary circumstances, take stairs from the 2nd floor to the top.

The second floor does indeed have the best views, and it's unavoidable to be on it, so I would definitely stop - but if you're in a rush of excitement to get to the top, just queue with everyone (having taken the stairs up to the 2nd, if you are keen on doing some stairs; that is probably also faster - unless you get behind slow moving traffic).

5. Re: Eiffel Tower... General Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 07:16