We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comment on address?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Comment on address?

Hi All!

Planning a spontaneous trip to France in 2 weeks with the BF and splitting our time between Paris and Nice. Super excited, but quickly realizing I have very little time to plan and a lot of places (we are looking at apartments for accomm in Paris) are already booked.

I found a place on Airbnb that looks nice and is available.. can anyone provide comments on this exact location? It's in the 10th district.

Rue de Paradis, Paris, Île-de-France 75010, France

It's our first time to Paris, so we would like something central-ish, not too remote, with lots of good food options.

Thanks!!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comment on address?

Rue de Paradis is fine, convenient to both Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord which are major transportation hubs. 30 years ago, it was the center of the Baccarat crystal houses of Paris, but there is less of a trace of that now.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comment on address?

It was also the street that was the location of the kidnapper's house in the movie Taken. So beware of houses with red doors on that street :)

Rue de Paradis is a fine location with excellent transportation options, as K2 says.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comment on address?

You could always learn more by reading a nice murder mystery set on that street: amazon.com/Murder-Paradis-Aimee-Leduc-Invest…

Can you provide a link to the apartment?

I'm a big Airbnb fan, but am also pretty picky in what I look for when searching. I always look for Airbnb verified photos, lots of positive reviews and no previous cancellations by the owner.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comment on address?

Not exactly central to the tourist sites. I would try to stay closer to the Seine, preferably in arrondissements 4,5, or 6, although you will likely pay a bit more for being so central. You would be able to walk to more sights in those areas.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comment on address?

I think that neighborhood is better than fine. It is full of one great restaurant/bar/hangout after the other and perfect for a young couple!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comment on address?

Haha ok, so it's the location of Taken and a murder mystery. Nice!

She seems to check all the boxes.. verified photos, postitive reviews, etc.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/427556…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comment on address?

The apartment looks good. I love that it has that little balcony. And I think that the neighborhood should be interesting too. I wish that I were leaving for Paris in 2 weeks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comment on address?

I think it looks good too. I immediately thought of the move Taken when I saw the address.

What is the ladder for in the living room? Is it just to access the shelves - or do you need to climb it to access the bedroom?

Note the 10€ charge for every 1/2 hour of check-in delay. Flight delays are always a possibility.

9. Re: Comment on address?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16