We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Paris

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 days in Paris

Hi,

I want to cover the following places in Paris. I will be there for 2 days. Could someone suggest the sequence of how i can plan it ? I will be staying at Garu Du nord , so please also mention the best mode of commute .

I will be there on the 17th and 18th of April ( My flight is on 19th at 3:35 pm and i will be staying at garu du nord , so if its possible to cover anything in just an hour or two on 19th also its fine).

This is just a rough list , if i have to cover any other must see places or if any place looks difficult to fit in these 2 days then pls suggest ( i know there are too many wonderful places to cover , but with such short time its too confusing where to go and what to leave :(. )

Eiffel tower , Louvre , Notre dame , arc de triomphe , champs elysees , sacre coeur , sienna river cruise , moulin rouge show, lafayette , montmarte , orsay , palace of Versailles and galleries lafayatte ( if time permits)

Thanx in advance

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Paris

First of all, Versailles would consume at least half or 3/4 of one of your days.

What time do you arrive on the 17?

Where to "go" and "what to leave" will depend on your priorities...

Obviously, there is just so much you can get around to in such limited time.

Your list is likely more than you could possibly accomplish with only two days, but you haven't mentioned what time arrive the first day, or from which airport and your destination day of departure.

A trip to Versailles would consume the better part of a day.

Further details would be most useful in providing recommendations.

2. Re: 2 days in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 16:27
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Paris

Hi ,

Thanx for the response. I am comin by train from Zurich to Paris on the 16th . Will be reachin paris at 1930 , so i guess the 16th is ruled out. On the 19th , i have to take a flight from CDG at 1530. That means i will have to leave from Garu du nord at 11:30.

If versailles consumes that much time i will eliminate that from my list. Can you help me with the rest?

Thanx again!

Edited: 02 April 2014, 09:54
abcd
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Paris

The Louvre is open till 9.45pm on Wed & Fri. So, when you arrive in Paris, take a taxi directly to the Louvre (I am assuming you are travelling light). There are luggage lockers in the louvre open till 9.45 pm on Wed, Fri. - under the pyramid. You can then do the masterpieces trail & maybe even see the foundations of the palace.

louvre.fr/en/…tabs

http://www.louvre.fr/en/routes/masterpieces-0

Apr. 17 - Take the metro M4 or M9 to Trocadero. You will get the best photos of the Eiffel from the Palais de chaillot terrace (this is right next to the metro station). You can then walk across the bridge to the ET and then take bus 69 from here. This is a regular Paris bus (not sight-seeing or open tour, so it is quite inexpensive and covers a lot of sights. The open top bus is a great way to see the city, (especially the green line), but very inefficient as a means of transport.

ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/recherche-avancee - Planning your route on the metro.

parisperfect.com/blog/…

http://www.paris.opentour.com/en/

I would try to cover the following - Arc de triomphe (great views from the top), Champs-Elysees, Grand Palais & Petit palais (great photo op.), Pont Alexandre, Napolean's tomb at the Invalides, Place de la concorde, Jardin Tuileries, Sacre couer (Montmarte), Notre Dame, Pantheon, Concergerie & Sainte-chapelle, Luxembourg gardens, Musee d'orsay.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Paris

thanx ! will try to fit these. And one more thing , i haven got tickets for moulin rouge , planning to go there and buy , is that ok? and if the show gets over at 1am , whats our choice of transport back to the hotel at Garu du nord?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Paris

As much as I love Montemarte I think you need to eliminate it and versailles from your list this time.

7. Re: 2 days in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16