We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Does anyone have experience with the Kennedy apartment from Paris Address? Thoughts on location, apartment, Paris Address company, etc.?

parisaddress.com/paris-apartment-rental/…

Thanks!

Level Contributor
7,680 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Well based on view I would take it no question...it is off Ave. Kennedy a very busy street/highway but apt. is on 6th floor so should be fine. You will get many here saying this is not central to major sights etc. but I love having such a close up view of the ET and would travel a few extra minutes on metro just to have that view. Shangra-la hotel is not far from here and that view goes for over $1500 usd per night not including breakfast!! I assume you have checked out Paris Address and their reputation which I know nothing of but probably fine. I took a brief look at the description etc. and could not find photos of the apartment and rooms? I assume I just missed them but if all checks out looks good o me. You will probably not walk out the door here and have small cafes and restaurants etc. right there but probably a few blocks walk...again okay for me for that view but others like to have everything right on the same block.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

gene, to see the pictures you need to click on the one big picture.

Apt looks lovely, view is amazing. I see no red flags other than no reviews of this particular apt (I, too, am not familiar with the agency) and the kind of "open" security deposit (you give them just your credit card number, it is not a specified amount.)

On our last trip we stayed close to the Eiffel Tower and loved it. I wold want to know an exact address so I could street view the area. Some parts by the ET are more "stark" than charming.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 15:47
San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Sorry, the edit time ended...

I would streetview it and see how close restaurants and markets are.

I would also want to get the names of some former renters to contact for reviews.

Level Contributor
7,680 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

okay got the photos...the apartment looks fine...sort of generic but as evidenced by the 30% photos of the view...it is really about the view...apartment however looks very nice. I guess I would find out how long it has been listed as sometimes that is why no reviews. I will say I had an experience where when an apartment had some major complaint reviews it was pulled by owner off the listing agency...after a certain amount of time it can be listed again without past reviews...so sort of clears the slate. Not indicating that is the is the situation here but sometimes no reviews have implications. Taking the credit card as security is not uncommon and I am far more comfortable with that than leaving or wiring cash money. At least you have a credit card company to help in the case of a problem.

Level Contributor
7,680 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Good idea on street view if you can get address in advance...if you google Avenue Kennedy apartments with Eiffel Tower view Paris many options come up. I believe those buildings along that street have apartments for rent with similar views...the 6th floor does have a nice vantage point but you could check the others out too.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 16:01
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

The only admittedly minor flaw I see is that the balcony isn't private. It looks as though it's one continuous balcony, with nothing to separate it from your neighbor's. Other than that, it looks lovely. I know nothing negative about Paris Address. Nor glowingly positive for that matter.

Level Contributor
7,680 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Happy...I did notice that but was wondering if each apartment had two so it would not be your neighbors on one side...but they are indeed open to view but the view may be worth that. As I mentioned there are many apartments along that street and some may have more private balconies.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

Got me, gene. I've been to Paris enough times that, if I rented that apartment, I'd never feel the need to go out. I'd just sit on that balcony (neighbors be damned) and watch the river traffic all day.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
1,734 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

For what it's worth, a woman I know owned a Paris apartment that she listed with Paris Address for years. She gives the company her highest recommendation. Now that she's sold that apartment, she has rented an apartment with PA for this coming June. At any rate, ask the company for contact details of previous renters of the apartment you are considering. Also, if you haven't already done so, put Paris Address into the TA search function and see what you can get for information.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts on Paris Address Kennedy apartment?

I just looked again and I think the balcony is all one - if you look at pictures 4 & 6 it shows edges/separations/end points and the description says two tables and four chairs on the balcony.