We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two questions...unrelated.

Swanton, Md
Level Contributor
156 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Two questions...unrelated.

We are leaving for Paris next week and one of our favorite places is the Rodin Museum. Our question on that is: Can we take a picnic lunch with a bottle of wine into the garden to eat? I know they have a little stand there selling food, but we would really prefer to pack a picnic if it is okay.

The second question is: What kind of souvenirs (toy or otherwise) are truly French for a 4, 6, and 8 year old? When we were there before, all we could find was American made items. We would like to bring something back that is really is French! Any ideas?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

We have found wonderful bilingual children's books at Galignani, under the arches and steps from Angelina. http://www.galignani.fr/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

I thought the gift shop in the Orangerie museum had great art related games and books for children as did the nearby Librairie des Jardine at the end of Tuilleries (forgive spelling) opposite the Louve.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,539 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

Across the street from the Millesime Hotel, 15 rue Jacob, is a bookshop dedicated to the ocean. In it is a section of books appropriate for youngsters (and me) I bought my buddy Nathan, 6, a neat pop-up book, in French, all about pirates.

Pjk

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,330 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

1/Yes its allowed to picnic on the grounds, but if you show up with a big basket full of stuff, they'll turn you away. Keep it discrete and you're fine.

2/ There is a new boutique on rue Jacob in the 6th. Gab&Jo. Everything is made in France& they have something for everyone.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

I second Pjk's recommendation of the bookshop on the rue Jacob. I found it fascinating. My gf bought a wonderful picture book for her grandson.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,539 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

I also like Gabe&Jo, the names of the proprietor's children who are usually in the shop.

Pjk

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

The gift shop in the Musee des Arts Decoratifs, next to the Louvre, has some interesting "Frenchy" kid stuff. It's getting harder to find things actually made in France, though.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,473 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

Are they boys or girls? Anything TinTin for the boys or Madeline for the girls? We always buy clothes for our grandkids, their moms like that.

Swanton, Md
Level Contributor
156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

A hearty thank- you to all of you for the wonderful suggestions! Now we can pack our lunch for our Rodin visit (discreetly!) AND shop at a later time for those all important souvenirs for the kids. I can always count on Trip Advisor to answer my questions.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 15:00
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,241 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two questions...unrelated.

Bonjour, Kyle_John,

Here is more information on the Gab & Jo shop. It is located in the 6th at 28 rue Jacob Paris.

http://findingnoon.com/?p=4384

lebonbon.fr/Lifestyle/…

MrsJAS