We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
first time

first time in paris. so would like some advice.hotel airport taxis

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
572 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

Airports are great, especially if you are using a plane.

Hotels? Well if you haven't a friend to stay with then I'd say they are your best bet.

Taxis are available throughout Paris. But the Metro is cheaper.

Perhaps looking at a guidebook would help a bit?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

do you know of any good hotels please.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

You will need to be much more specific to get useful answers. Location, budget ( in €€) style, number of beds, time of year etc etc

Saying please often leads to more answers.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

We simply need more information. Budget, place of arrival, lots of other stuff, etc.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 22:25
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
194 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time

its for me and my boyfriend. We are going on 16th may till 18 may. I know where arriving at charles de gaulle airport.. for a hotel I would say middle price range.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 22:46
San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time

Welcome to the Paris board, vicky! You will have a great time in Paris.

There are many here who would love to help you, but we need a lot more information.

Middle price means many things to many people. Please give an exact amount or range, in euros.

Also we need to know what type of hotel - what kind of amenities are you looking for? An en-suite bathroom? Old world charm or modern? Etc.

And finally, what other information? You asked about airports, but what about the airport? What about taxis?

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time

You can take taxi from the airport into Paris for about 50 to 60 euros. Taking the train (RER) will be closer to 10 euros each.

For such a short stay, I think it would make a lot of sense to stay central (close to several "attractions") and in a "charming" area so that you could really enjoy your immediate surroundings and make the most of your time.

In order to get a hotel room in May in this type of location (let's say northern 5th or 6th), you would need to spend in a range of 150 to 200 euros. There are more expensive, obviously. And there are less expensive budget options, but not tons of them.

If you can get close to the 180 to 200 mark, you should have several good hotels to choose from.

If that is not your range, then just specify what is.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 23:15
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time

Just to clarify, I meant per night.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time

One of the disadvantages of forums vs fact to face conversation is that we only know what you include in your post and specifics are important.

mcal3k´s information gives you a good idea of what to expect. You can spend less on hotels but I would say a basic room, nothing fancy, for two people can be found for 110€ to 150€. Beyond that point expect some amenities, possibly newer furnishings, and a more central location.

Another good tool is the TA Hotel list found on the upper left of this page. You´ll see prices, locations and layout. Develop a few ideas about hotels and other aspects of your vacation and we´ll be happy to answer questions.

10. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16