We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Hello, going to Paris in late September. I'll be arriving at CDG around 1130am on a Monday, arriving at hotel around 130 or 2pm. What do I do for the rest of the day? I want to do as much as possible, and I only have 2 days to do full activities since I am flying to Spain Thursday morning.

Also, I'm staying in the 11th arrodissement - any thoughts on that area? Safe? Good cafes restaurants bars?

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Where in the 11th are you staying?

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

I am looking forward to reading the responses to this.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Hi Cari,

What are the top things you would like to do? What plans do you have for the rest of your time in Paris?

What I would do might not hold any interest for you. :) If you can tell us some of what your interests are and what you hope to see, we can help you plan when to see these things, or give you ideas that suit you. For instance, is this your first trip? Do you want to see the "usual tourist things?"

I can say that the first day you want to make sure to be outside and wandering as much as possible to help avoid jet-lag. Try to stay up until at least 8:30 or later that night. I'm from the West Coast so can say that I usually awake for a short bit about 3 am my first night, then back to sleep till about 7 am, after that I am good to go the rest of the trip.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 00:30
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Staying steps away from the Charonne Metro Station. Classics Hotel Bastille

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

I want to do the main tourist things - not really big into museums, but I definitely will visit the Louvre. If it matters, my wife and I are young - 26 and 24 years old. 1st time to Europe, probably our last.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

And I am also in the west coast, I will try really hard to sleep on the plane lol. I want to stay up as late as possible Monday. I just don't know how safe Paris is at night lol.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

Well, to begin with, you're near the Marche d'Aligre, which is a terrific outdoor market that is open each day except Monday. It gets very crowded and lively,

Some restaurants you might enjoy, in no order except that I've tried them and liked the food and vibe are:

Bistro le Pientre

Square Trousseau

Bistro Paul Bert

Paris Hanoi

Creperie Bretonerie

I'll be staying in the 11th again in the fall and intend to try Unico, because I've heard the steaks there are terrific.

The bars one the rue de la Roquette and rue de Lappe, along with the rue Faubourg St. Antoine, near the Bastille are fun, as is La Botte (I think that's the name) on the rue Trousseau.

If I think of any more good restaurants (I know I'm forgetting a few) I'll post again.

8. Re: 2 1/2 Days in Paris...lost what to do on first day? 11th Ars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 07:15