We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

This episode was about Paris and the architectural works and restoration projects which I found beautiful and completely fascinating.

…francetv.fr/videos/…99443656.html

For an explanation of the series itself, see French_Mystique's post from a few years ago that sums it up succinctly.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k49987…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

metromole - do you know if this show is available outside of France?

I never miss an episode, and think it's great to see things that only the "drones" can photograph...

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

I watch it in Canada on TV5. They only have shows for a couple of months each year. Each show is shown several times in a given week, usually at odd times depending where one lives.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,234 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

We get TV5 in England as well. Will have to check that out. Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

One of my favorite French tv programs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Interestingly, I could watch the previous shows, but not the one you specifically posted about, MM. Says it's not available in my area. I wonder if it will become available after a few days. I'll check back...there were a couple of previous shows that were interesting too. It also helps with my French, so a win-win:)

Thanks for posting this.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Sometimes someone posts the show on youtube so I'll watch for that. It's really worth watching. I found the trailer for the episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfL90gQMdI

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Thanks, MM, looks good, As I said, I'll try back in a day or two and see if it just takes a while to become available.

California
Level Contributor
5,840 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Happy, you might check out the Hola unblocker--it worked for us in Paris to watch shows from ABC.com and NBC.com, tho not for Netflix. I imagine it would work here in the reverse. It's free :) Hola.org Don't download the toolbar or let it reset your homepage (it will ask).

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

I'll give it a try, thanks Annette.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Des Racines et Des Ailes - Paris

Next week's episode will feature, among other things, the château of Champs-sur-Marne, east of Paris (ah the charm of the riverside suburbs east of Paris!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYatIde1hU

It reopened last summer after years of renovation and I was impressed with the gardens and the château is so bright and beautifully decorated.

It will also feature the Château de Rambouillet south west of Paris so it can give people two ideas of day trips from Paris.

Both Rambouillet and Champs have been presidential residences, which will be one the themes of next Wednesday's program.

You can view full segments of past episodes on their youtube channel but I'm afraid they won't be subtitled.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 17:48