We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

I know there are plenty of maps to be had in Paris and some which I can pick up at the news stands. I also already have Streewise Paris which is completely useless because the print is very small and unreadable unless I use it with a magnifying glass.

I would like to know if there is a 20-page Map Book, one signifying each arrondissement? Not necessarily the size of an Atlas, but perhaps something in the size of 8-1/2 x 11" Something I can bring in my backpack.

Thank you.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,253 reviews
from US$105.45*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
533 reviews
from US$43.63*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
664 reviews
from US$107.87*
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

Get it in Paris: Paris par Arrondissement (more like 7 X 10, not 8.5 X 14). Available at any news kiosk or bookstore.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

Paris par Arrondissement is excellent and it shows every street, unlike Streetwise. The print is small, though, and you may need a little magnifier.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

I ordered mine from Massin when they had a free shipping code. It came in less than a week and was only about 7 euros. It's 170 pages, but has maps for the metro and bus too and it's only the thickness of a magazine.

massin.fr/plans-de-paris/754-le-petit-parisi…

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

Go to a FNAC bookstore/section and see if they have a selection of Paris mapbooks. I perused the section at the rue de Rennes location (Montparnasse end) a couple years ago... The streetside news kiosks also have various kinds but I'm not very comfortable 'shopping' there unless I see what I want without needing to browse or handle multiple books... sometimes they are out of your reach...

Although not frequently updated, you might like the Michael Middleditch Paris metro map book.

amazon.com/The-Paris-Mapguide-Michael-Middle…

- - the title describes it as a 'folded map', but it is not - it is a booklet. FNAC sells it online so maybe they carry it as well....

livre.fnac.com/mp4596399/The-Paris-Mapguide

5. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 18:29
Edited: 05 April 2014, 18:29
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

That's what Paris par Arrondissement is. It happens to have extras, like a street index and métro and bus maps. The publisher decides how many pages it is. It's not the 170-page booklet F1racegirl mentions, though that's great too.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 18:17
7. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 18:29
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

Thank you to all posts. Truly appreciated.

However, can someone also perhaps help me on this? I am trying to find out if there is (online) a free overhead map of each arrondissement? I tried Google but did not know how to find it there.

I'd like to be able to print out on my computer each of the 20 pages, at least to get a head start until I get to Paris next month.

Please send me the links if you have. Truly appreciated. THANK YOU.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

The only way I know to do that is to go to the website of each of the 20 mairies of Paris and print out the map that is usually (maybe always) on that website. The websites are in French, in case that matters. And you may have to use Google.fr and type in something like Plans Images Arrondissements Paris.

Maybe someone knows a better way, but when I am trying to find something out about a particular arrondissement, I start with the mairie websites.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Simple 20-Page Paris Map Book by Arroindissement?

I saw a post on the very same question and came across this suggestion also.

amazon.com/Atlas-routiers-Paris-pratique-arr…

This was the original post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k48045…