We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Adirondack Mountains
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Air France Coach

Seeking advice regarding Air France Coach...We (2 of us) will be staying at a hotel within 800 meters walk of Montparnasse Station. Arriving at Orly Airport 11:30 on a Tuesday in May and departing from CDG airport at 13:30 on following Saturday. We Plan to take the Air France Coach to and from the airports via Montparnasse station. Will we have to switch to a different coach along these routes, or just board and go to destination? How often does the coach depart Montparnasse to CDG and approx. how long is the trip to CDG? We want to arrive at airport by 11:30AM on Sat.(2 hours before flight)...so what time should we arrive at Montparnasse to catch coach. Would we be wise to buy tickets in advance to ensure seat or is it first come first served? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France Coach

http://www.lescarsairfrance.com/en.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France Coach

Orly airport is much closer to Paris, but has more difficult / costier transit connection. Much easier and for about the same price you can take a taxi from official taxi rank.

For your ride to CDG Air France Coach is fine although traffic sensitive. More reliable would be RER B, 2 metro stops away from Montparnasse.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France Coach

I would not depend on the AF bus to get me to the airport on time -- there is traffic galore. When I took it from CDG to Paris (other way for you) it took forever -- and i got off at the first stop (Gare de Lyon) -- I felt sorry for the folks going to Montparnasse. I would recommend the RER train -- much faster and cheaper!

If you are returning to North America you must be at the check-in counter 3 hours (not 2) prior to your flight. Give yourself an hour from Paris to CDG on the RER, much more if using the AF bus.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France Coach

I agree. I've taken the AF bus from CDG to Gare de Lyon many times and recommend it.

But to the airport? I take the RER or a taxi.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France Coach

I'm not familiar with Orly-Montparnasse.

But, we've used Air France coach to/from CDG/Montparnasse many, many, times, swift rides without incident. We've never once experienced "traffic galore". Any incident, heavy traffic, highway accident, etc., that would slow down the Air France coach along the route would also impact taxis, as they use the same lanes/routes. There also can be the occasional RER train stopped for a period of time for reasons unexplained, strikes, track works requiring bus part way. You just never know.

Advantage of Air France buses - bags stowed for you, no stairs or transfers, comfortable seats in a modern climate controlled coach.

It's always better to allow more time than less, no matter which transport option you choose.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,667 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France Coach

Traffic will not be an issue on a Saturday in the late morning heading north.

And to answer your question you stay on the same coach the whole ride from Montparnasse to CDG.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 11:58
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France Coach

Buses every half hour. Take the bus 4 hours before your flight, this way you should be on time (you should get ro the airport 3 hrs before flight).

If you don't have heavy bags, here's the way to your hotel (Aramis).

As you get off the bus at Montparnasse, cross Avenue du Maine and walk to your left to get to Rue du Départ (about 150 feet away). Walk on Rue du Départ to Boulevard Montparnasse. Cross Boulevard Montparnasse to get to Rue de Rennes (large street right at the feet of the shopping mall). Walk to your hotel (not far from the large FNAC store that is on your left)

Adirondack Mountains
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France Coach

Thanks all! Really appreciate the insight. I feel better knowing less traffic on Sat (Thanks French Mystique). For peace of mind, we may just book a tax to CDG. AF Coach is 17E/pp (so 34E total). I think taxi 50E, so may be worth it? Otherwise we could easily catch the AF Coach by 8:30 which (even allowing 2 hours ride) should get us to airport by 10:30 - 3 hours before flight. BTW - Flying into Montreal, Canada.

Thank you!

Edited: 06 April 2014, 15:14
Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France Coach

Also make sure you deboard at the correct Terminal at CDG...

10. Re: Air France Coach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:16