We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel options in latin quarter

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel options in latin quarter

Hi. Looking to stay near latin quarter and notre dame. Thinking of hotel henri IV rive gauche or le hotel notre dame st michael. Budget is 150-200 euros per night. If less great but think both these hotels are within price...planning to visit in august. Which would you choose? Or is there another alternative. Criteria: close to major attractions. Lots of food options, transit and lively safe location. Going with older family member and few friends.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

A good and nicely placed Latin Quarter budget hotel is Hotel Diana (125 euros per night double) in rue St. Jacques. Easy walk to The Pantheon, Notre dame etc. Hotel will take reservations by email (no deposit or card asked for curiously enough) but not until 8 weeks before arrival.

Best Western le Jardin de Cluny in the same general area but a bit more expensive is good, but best to book deluxe room (standard rooms v. small).

Good luck.

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

Thank you

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

Whatever you decide make sure hotel that you book has A/C.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

We just returned from our first trip. Spent 7 nights at Hotel du College de France in Latin Quarter. 1 block from Sorbonne & close to intersection of Blvd St Germain and Blvd St Michel. Wonderful stay. Double room 115 euro. Very close to everything.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
468 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

I can recommend Hotel de Suez! It meets your parameters and is midway between St Michel and Luxemburg stations on RER. Also has bus stop outside the door, direct buses to Gare du Nord etc. there are many other hotels in the area!

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

So will throw another option -- the hotel londres near the Eiffel tower...didn't realize how affordable it is? How does this area compare - my recollection is that st germain/ils/latin quarter offer more but tower is equally iconic.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

As the Op specifically requested hotels in the Latin Quarter, I don't think a hotel near the Eiffel Tower qualifies.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

HappyGoin, post #6 is from the OP :-)

I think that the Latin Quarter would be a better location.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 20:10
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

Oh geez, sorry, OP...yes, I would agree that the LQ is a better location, most especially for Metro options as well as the livelier atmosphere. If you intend to utilize the bus system rather than the Metro, it may not matter as much in that regard.

canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with hotel options in latin quarter

Yes sorry for confusion and suggestion to stay in latin quarter