We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish bars

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Irish bars

Are there many Irish bars in Paris ?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish bars

Yes. Google "irish pubs paris".

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish bars

Two young ladies I took to Paris reported an especially good time at Corcoran's on the rue du Faubourg St. Antoine in the 11th.

They mentioned something about the restroom being down a particularly steep set of stairs, although I suspect the amount of beer they had consumed may have aggravated that problem.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 15:00
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish bars

There's an Irish pub on Bl. Saint-Germain-des-Prés, across from the Café de Flore. I can't remember its name, but you can't miss it -- especially if you don't get past the prices on the Café de Flore's menu and can't wait for a drink.

Connolly's Corner is in rue Mouffetard if you can wait.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 15:34
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish bars

Happydays!

Can I ask why you might want an Irish bar?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,030 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish bars

Well my mate and I closed down Galways one night.. its a small bar on Quai Augustin.. not very Irish to be sure.. had a french guitar player.. but had some Irish beer( Guiness of course) and that hard cider Magnas.. . but what did make it "irish night" for us was meeting a young couple from Sligo Ireland there.. we partied all night with Ithem.. bar closed and guitar player came and sat with us and we were all definitely having a very good time.. the young fellow was very proud of his new tractor and passed photos around of it.. and the young lady worked in her moms B@B called the "Ave Maria".. all seeming very Irish to us.. They were buying us drinks ( as we them) and singing and it was a hoot.

However.. I wouldn't search out an Irish Bar in Paris.. we just wanted to hear live music and walked right by it.. the chance of having the fun evening just happened by luck... think you are more likely to meet other Americnas and Canadians in a bar in that busy area we were in..

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish bars

I was playing guitar last night in The Galway with my French buddy. ;)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish bars

The farther you stray from the center, the less authentic the Irish bars are. In fact, in outer Paris, you are better off looking for a Belgian bar instead. They'll have Guiness anyway, even if they don't know how to draw it properly from the tap.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,030 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish bars

Ah.. mr M we will look for you next time.. we had such a fun night.. the guitar player was letting my partner play on his guitar. and I swear that session made my mates trip .. he still waxes on about it.. lol

Ps does your french mate have dark curly hair and rather adorable features..lol

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,776 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish bars

Yes, there are quite a few.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irish bars

Joan - It sounds like you met one of my other guitar player friends, Thomas Brun:

https://myspace.com/thomasbrun

Edited: 07 April 2014, 19:28