We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary

indianapolis
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Help with itinerary

Traveling to Paris in mid June to spend a few days. Looking to travel at most about 6 hours by train to another destination. At that time spend a few days in the second city touring and then travel home. I have been to Germany several times so that country is not one I would be interested in going to. I am traveling with 2 others who have never been to Europe. Help! Looking for suggestions.....

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary

London or Amsterdam.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary

Do you want to stay in France or do you prefer to visit another country? Getting to the Cote D'Azur would be an option, e.g., Nice is under 6 hours by train.

Barcelona is also a possibility, it is 6.5 hours by train. Lausanne by train is under 4 hours from Paris. And Torino in Italy is also 6 hours on the high speed train. It depends on what you are looking to do, your preferences.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary

The Dordogne area is beautiful.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with itinerary

I suggest the Loire Valley. It isn't far from Paris but there is a lot to see there.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with itinerary

Cote D'Azur or French Riviera as it is commonly called is one of the best possibilities if you want to stay in France itself. About 5-6 hrs from Paris by train, the area offers everything - beaches, scenery, architecture, good food, luxury (if you like that on a vacation:)) etc. You could stay in Nice and make day trips to Cannes, Monaco and St. Tropez. For the two in your group who are Europe first-timers, Paris combined with the French Riviera would make a great trip.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
373 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with itinerary

We're headed from Paris to Strasbourg and then spending a few days in the Alsace region exploring the Route de Vins.

philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with itinerary

On our last trip to Paris, we also visited Annecy as a contrast to the big city. We loved it. Just a few hours by TGV and it was an easy flight home from Geneva. Enjoy your trip!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,968 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with itinerary

Annecy is beautiful, we stayed there about 2 years ago...but travelled from Geneva, which is only an hour trip by car...I'd love to go back soon:)

9. Re: Help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:17